Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard rumors that more recent builds of the CTS, including the V, were showing more quality problems than the initial production run. Is there any truth to this? GM has done a great job improving quality (especially the interiors) of their cars in the last 2-3 years, I shudder to think how low quality can go with the UAW in control.

·
Registered
'08 STS-V Sedan Black Formerly three CTS-V's, XLR and STS4N*
868 Posts
All I can say is that my car arrived with no quality issues and Cadillac ranks toward the tops in initial quality.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I haven't really had any earth-shattering problems with 2300 miles on the clock, just one minor one really. I'd say initial quality was high for my car, and certainly better than I was expecting from GM. I'm a 20-year Honda buyer and have pretty high quality standards for my cars as a result, so I hope that's meaningful to you. I'm hoping the car stands the test of time as I'm keeping this one for a while....I'm positive it will.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
Cannot speak for anyone, but, where and who and why would these "rumors" start to spread just after the start of production, when no one has had major problems ( exceptions to moon roof & squeeks) ? Which magazine, paper, or some type of reasonable authority has mentioned the sudden drop in quality. Where did you hear said " rumor " ?

I have my thoughts about the quality and purpose of these rumors for the V

·
Registered
238 Posts
My '05 STS was spectacular. My last 3 ('95, 2000, and 2008)Corvettes including the current C6 have been stellar. My '06 G6 is magnificent after 85K, not one issue other than a bent rim due to shitty Baltimore streets. My '07 Tahoe, as well as the 2000 Yukon I had before it is/was awesome. 26K miles no issues except a recall on the Heated Windshield fluid. My CTS-V is unbelievably UNBELIEVABLE. :bouncy:

There was a recall for the Battery Cable positioning, but that was fixed in 30 mins. (The Camaro had the same issue) I love this car.. and I love GM. Car for Car.. I haven't seen one maker that makes them as exciting, good looking, and as reliable as the General. :cool2:

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
Two minor problems, (IMO), on my v2 - a small paint defect on the hood, (barely visible ..), and the leather shifter-boot doesn't seem to want to stay snapped into it's position in the center console opening for the shifter. I'll have the dealer address both issues when I take the car in for it's first fluid change in the near future.

I just love this car - it makes me :D every time I drive it, and it's overall quality and performance is the best I've ever experienced, and on top of all that, the car is beautiful to look at to boot .. !

Rob

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
31 Posts
500 miles on my brand new '09, built just a few weeks ago, and ZERO issues of ANY type so far (knock wood):cloud9:

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts