Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I am really interested in the CTS-V. I am driving a junker now and sold my 96 Impala SS (for a very SMALL loss, I might add) with the intention of getting a CTS-V. Yep, I am movin up in the world.

I have 2 BIG questions:

-When will caddy announce the 2004 CTSs and the CTS-V?
-What is the pricing going to be. I have seen anywhere from 40-50k for the CTS-V. Anyone have any hard info on this?

Also, I saw on an earlier post someone said something about a waiting list. How do I get on this list?

P.S. I am new here so go easy...

Thanks

Reed (Mrbadss)

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
mrbadss said:
I have 2 BIG questions:

-What is the pricing going to be. I have seen anywhere from 40-50k for the CTS-V. Anyone have any hard info on this?

Also, I saw on an earlier post someone said something about a waiting list. How do I get on this list?
Welcome aboard!

I haven't seen firm pricing yet.

Release date is being touted as fall of 2003 as a 2004 model.

For any waiting list, go to your local dealer and see if you can place a small deposit to save your place in line. Then when they come in, a few at a time, they will call you.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
my guess on price would be less than 50k...though that is a guess...my dealer down here really knows nothing about it and when i mentioned a list he said they didnt have one but hed be happy to take my name

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
My guess will be a little over $50k.. We have people placing orders before we even know what engine it's getting for sure.. Do we know any performance numbers or anything at all? I may be a little out of touch here... But what do we know for sure?

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
nothing seems for sure...mainly because there has been a lot of contradictions by GM and Cadillac....This is why im not placing my name on any list. If it closer to 400hp im buying it for sure. If it ends up watered down to just over 300 then im gonna buy an STS

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
My thoughts, exactly. I will certainly consider a CTS-v - if I hit the lottery - but I wouldn't even bother if it just over 300 horsepower.. That wouldn't impress me. If I bought a CTS-v, it would be to show off Cadillac's new vision of performance luxury vehicles.. If it's just a little quicker than the STS, I'll stick with the STS...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
My thoughts, exactly. I will certainly consider a CTS-v - if I hit the lottery - but I wouldn't even bother if it just over 300 horsepower.. That wouldn't impress me. If I bought a CTS-v, it would be to show off Cadillac's new vision of performance luxury vehicles.. If it's just a little quicker than the STS, I'll stick with the STS...
If its the LS1 Corvette engine then its rated
in the C5 at 350HP and 375 ft-lbs with
a 6 speed manual. If its the LS6, then it
rated (in the Z06) at 405HP and 400 ft-lbs.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
ctsvett said:
All,

I am really interested in the CTS-V. I am driving a junker now and sold my 96 Impala SS (for a very SMALL loss, I might add) with the intention of getting a CTS-V. Yep, I am movin up in the world.

I have 2 BIG questions:

P.S. I am new here so go easy...

Thanks

Reed (Mrbadss)
"P.S. I am new here so go easy..."????

HAHAHA Reed, you seem like such an old bastard to me, funny how there was ever a time you were new here. How about this for a bump...

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow.. blast from the past.. check out the date on that thing...

Well, since that post (and I think it was my first 2555 ago, 3 years ago), I have been here almost EVERYDAY and been reading every piece of material on the V, talking to Cadillac engineers, reading the service manual and reading almost every thread by your guys.... With help from many people here, I built a website from 0 to 6 million hits. That was probably the day the FAQ started (when I found this place).

Keep in mind that was about 1 year and a month before I actually took delivery of my car and about 9 months before the V was even produced. How about that for research before you buy.

Wow, I really need a life..

Thanks for the blast from the past.

Reed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.