Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some input from you all. I have a friend selling a red 2002 Corvette Z06 with about 2,500 miles on it. No mistake. He drives it about once a month and keeps it in an air conditioned garage. I have driven it, and it is immaculate. He keeps it under cover in his garage. Price is in low $30's. I guess the decision revolves around whether I need a car with 2 seats or 4 seats.

Price is very decent for a vehicle with that kind of low miles.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
C5Zs are nice, LS6, about 3,200lbs, should go about 12.7-12.8 in 1/4.
You said it in your post, two-seater or four, this is the biggest difference. The C5Z also has a very tiny trunk. For low $30Ks, you can try for a 2005 C6 with a mileage under 30K for low $30Ks. IMO, C6 is a much better car, many will argue.
Look at a few Forums classified ads and the usual Internet sites, and you may find a C6 within a couple thousand of what you are willing to pay for the C5Z.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
5,329 Posts
I hated grocery shopping in my Trans Am... Life's much better hauling beer and bacon around in the V.

Heavy's right... get both :bouncy:

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
I came from a C5 Z to the V.. They are two different animals all together. You're not going to want to drive the Z so much just for the fact that you'll want to keep it immaculate.. While in the C5, I was always worried about what could happen to my garage queen!! That's really want you need to look into. Do you need a garage queen or something to use everyday.. This is why I'm enjoying the V much more! I get to actually drive it everywhere!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
389 Posts
If I didn't have two kids, I'd probably still be driving my C5. If you have the coupe (not the Z06/Fixed Roof model) then the amount of cargo space you have under the hatch is pretty awesome and way more practical than people give it credit for. I used to put two mountain bikes back there no problem. I'd have to think an LS2 Z51 would be almost as fast on the track as an LS6 Z06, but you get all the bells and whistles and the useable hatch space.

·
Registered
2009 Cadillac CTS-V
187 Posts
2 or 4 doors, that's the ultimate question.
If I didn't have two kids, I would have found me a Corvette.
Whether I'm alone or have the wife and kids, I get to drive the V whenever I want to.

And the kids love the V just as much as I do. Whenever the V moves, they have to be in it. A Corvette just wouldn't work for me or should I say us!!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Thankfully I am blessed with both, not sure how long I can afford both, but it is good for now. The two cars compliment each other very nicely, as Heavy can attest to.
I realize owning both is tough to justify, but here is a thought I keep close,
"you can always sleep in your car, but you can never drive your house:)."

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Let me know if interested....

2005 Corvette Z51
36,250 miles
6 speed manual
black exterior with black leather interior
3LT package with heated seats, factory Bose and navigation, Onstar, dual power seats with lumbar support, heads up display

Mods include the following:
AZPS 500BHP package with Kooks headers, custom exhaust, AZPS03 cam and comp 921 springs, Halltech intake, FAST intake manifold
FAST fuel rails and adapter kit
GM Z06 rear fenders and spoiler
Powdercoated black Z06 wheels (19x12 and 18x9.5) with brand new Michelin Pilot Sports
Front and rear Z06 brakes, rotors and steel braided lines
Boston accoustics amp with JL Audio stealthbox
B&M short throw shifter
Spec stage III+ clutch and Spec flywheel
Tunnel brace
GM heavy duty extended wheel studs in back (NHRA legal)
NOS plate kit with bottle heater, purge, hidden switches and all electronics needed

Car has gone [email protected] multiple times and dyno'd 614 rwhp on nitrous, 459 rwhp on motor.

book value for private party good condition is $41,500

$46,000

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good news/bad news. I have decided not to buy my friend's red 2002 Z06. Approx 2,500 miles on it. Not a mistake. Guy is obsessive compulsive, keeps it covered in his air conditioned garage. If anybody is interested, email or pm me, and I will get you together with him. Car is in San Antonio.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts