Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Black Raven CTS 2.8 VVT
Joined
·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody has either an exhaust from a V or the V6 that they dont need anymore and are near Orlando or Central Florida area and is willing to give it up let me know. Thanks

PS. i've read everything posted about the loss of power on the 3.2 and 2.8 from having the CTS-v exhaust but right now i don't care. If its free i'll take either one. Dual exhaust looks better than the single that i have now and besides when something is free you can't be to picky. LOL which ever one i can get for free i'll take. LOL

Thanks in advance for your help.
 

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
Joined
·
22,415 Posts
estrivera said:
If anybody has either an exhaust from a V or the V6 that they dont need anymore and are near Orlando or Central Florida area and is willing to give it up let me know. Thanks

PS. i've read everything posted about the loss of power on the 3.2 and 2.8 from having the CTS-v exhaust but right now i don't care. If its free i'll take either one. Dual exhaust looks better than the single that i have now and besides when something is free you can't be to picky. LOL which ever one i can get for free i'll take. LOL

Thanks in advance for your help.
A consideration for you to think about. The V exhaust come with the beautiful Chrome tips. The 3.6 doesn't so you need another $80 for E&G tips.
 

·
Registered
Black Raven CTS 2.8 VVT
Joined
·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point Robert. Thanks. Hopefully i'll find someone willing to get rid of theirs. LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
I have dyno results to prove you do not lose power with a V exhaust and the 3.2. Only 3-4 HP , not much but at least not less. What I have heard from others is heresay and speculation. Go for it!
 

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
As long as this is up here, if anyone has a spare V or 3.6 exhaust lying around near central indiana, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands!
 

·
Registered
None
Joined
·
987 Posts
I belive the consensus was that the peak torque might shift a bit higher in RPMs due to less backpressure, but there is no loss in HP, and might provide a slight gain at peak HP
 

·
Registered
None
Joined
·
987 Posts
Dubbed Stealth said:
I dynoed my car no torque loss..
Just hearsay and non believers...
Not Torque loss, but a shift in the peak torque's location in the powerband.

Which would be all but negligable since our engines have very flat torque curves anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,306 Posts

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
Joined
·
22,415 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
As long as this is up here, if anyone has a spare V or 3.6 exhaust lying around near central indiana, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands!
Doc & others,
My V exhaust will be available when the Huggers arrive(March). No modification needed as the welding is already done. You must come here to get it for free.
 

·
Registered
2013 3.6 Performance Luxury
Joined
·
1,034 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Doc & others,
My V exhaust will be available when the Huggers arrive(March). No modification needed as the welding is already done. You must come here to get it for free.
Dang, another one that's too far away! I keep hoping for one to come available in the Houston area. Even left my name & number with a nice tech at the dealership who said they've removed a few.
 

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
Bob - I may run into the same problem with you that I had with Pnuebird; that is when I'll be able to get the time to pick the exhaust up. His was only available for pick-up weekdays durring "normal business hours". Obviously thats the same time I'm in classes. For me to have any chance, I'd have to be able to get it on the weekend. Let me know when you get your headers on and we'll see if we can work something out. Also, I'd love to see what those headers can do!!! :burn:
 

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
Joined
·
22,415 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
Bob - I may run into the same problem with you that I had with Pnuebird; that is when I'll be able to get the time to pick the exhaust up. His was only available for pick-up weekdays durring "normal business hours". Obviously thats the same time I'm in classes. For me to have any chance, I'd have to be able to get it on the weekend. Let me know when you get your headers on and we'll see if we can work something out. Also, I'd love to see what those headers can do!!! :burn:
Mine would be available for pick up anytime. I have a dock at my business and we could load you there...or if Doc can't pull it off the offer goes to other members. FREE!!:bouncy:
 

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Mine would be available for pick up anytime. I have a dock at my business and we could load you there...or if Doc can't pull it off the offer goes to other members. FREE!!:bouncy:
Bob - go ahead and put me down at the front of the line. Thanks! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
Joined
·
3,035 Posts
pjohnesq said:
D, You lucked out Bro...I torqued at 190...assuming the same formula applies (20%drivetrain loss), then I'm at 237 ft. lbs...which is a big time loss according to my dyno results posted here
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58398
I dyno'ed at 200 lb-ft on my 3.2L with stock tires, stock intake and only a Borla, which has 2" pipes all the way back. This is a whopping 22.5 lf-lb gain assuming the conservative 17.5% drivetrain loss for a manual trans that the V guys use.

Going from a single 2.5" pipe to dual 2.5" pipes is not the way to go if you want power. Larger pipes have slower velocities (bernoulli's law). For max torque, you want higher exhuast velocities. Personally, i could care less what the HP is, since it's a direct result of the torque at the specific RPM. Shift the same torque curve up a the RPM and you miraculously get higher HP, at the expense of lower RPM torque. Not the way to go on a daily driver who's RPM peak is already at 6000 RPM.

For max power, stick with a 2" 3.6L dual exhaust. For better sound and chrome tips, go with the V.
 

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
Dangit ody! I want a Borla but dont have the extra grand lying around. My goal was increased HP and improved sound/looks! :mad:
 

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
Joined
·
22,415 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
Dangit ody! I want a Borla but dont have the extra grand lying around. My goal was increased HP and improved sound/looks! :mad:
But look at Okiwont's results. Some conflict here.

"I have dyno results to prove you do not lose power with a V exhaust and the 3.2. Only 3-4 HP , not much but at least not less. What I have heard from others is heresay and speculation. Go for it!" -Okiwont
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top