Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ctsv coupe 2011
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 CTS V Coup with a 6 speed manual with 6200 miles on it and needless to say do not drive it much. It has been having a miss in 5th and 6th gear and threw a code to Service Engine Soon. I took it to the Cadillac dealer and they checked it out and found no code other than it stating random misfiring. The mechanic told me to start using Exxon Premium instead of BP. That is fine, however for now, how do I get rid of the misfiring. Does anyone make an injector cleaner or fuel additive that will correct this problem?

Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
19,082 Posts
I would use Techron fuel additive, available at most parts stores.

·
Super Moderator
2011 SRX4 3.0 4WD Luxury
2,103 Posts
does it do it in neutral ( same rpm)

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (Blue Diamond Manual/Recaros/Nav/Suede/Polished)
300 Posts
This might be a long shot but my 2009 had some misfires in 2010 and then again in 2012 that they couldn't track down. Then a few weeks later it did again and they eventually traced it to a cracked plug from the factory. Of course that was all under warranty so it didn't cost me to complain until they found a problem. But you might just replace your plugs in case you got a bad one. They did some injector cleaner too but the plug was the real issue. No issues since at 99k miles and 13 years now.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I would use Techron fuel additive, available at most parts stores.
sounds like a good tip to me.

I have a 2011 CTS V Coup with a 6 speed manual with 6200 miles on it and needless to say do not drive it much. It has been having a miss in 5th and 6th gear and threw a code to Service Engine Soon. I took it to the Cadillac dealer and they checked it out and found no code other than it stating random misfiring. The mechanic told me to start using Exxon Premium instead of BP. That is fine, however for now, how do I get rid of the misfiring. Does anyone make an injector cleaner or fuel additive that will correct this problem?

Thanks,
Sam
were you able to find out what the solution was?

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts