Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,671 Posts
Your only post and it is to debunk the V in a thread that has been dormant for months? I understand... ;)

As for the R&T article: Those are some poor V times(which conveniantly fall just short of the Bimmers... hmm...). Here is what I've seen from other mags:

CTS-V LS6 400hp
0 - 60: 4.7 seconds (three ticks difference?)
1/4 mile: 13.1 @ 109mph (13.4 vs. 13.1 and they both reach it at 109? hmm...)

<shocked face> What's that? It matches R&T's M3 numbers when tested by anyone else? :suspect: And from a larger car? I haven't received February's R&t yet, but it would be interesting to hear what their comments on it were...

Also suspicious is the fact that before the test you mention, R&T was never able to pull that kind of time in an M3. Examples of the previous 2 M3 tests(both for '03):

Triple Threat
"With its 3430-lb. curb weight more than 200 lb. less than the next-lightest car (the Mercedes), the M3 paddle-clicks to top honors in acceleration with a 5.0-sec. 0-60 clocking"

David and the Goliaths
4.9 0-60
13.5 1/4 mile

(looks like they dropped a tenth off the 0-60 so it would outdo the Porsche 911 Targa)

Like I said before, I have not received my Feb. issue yet, but am anxious to hear how they came up with those times (worst reported for the V and best ever for the M3)...

· Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,671 Posts
I received the new Feb. issue of R&T today. Surprisingly, it's a very positive review overall and I see where the time discrepency comes from.

From R&T's Test Notes:
"Acceleration runs in the V are an excersize in finding just the right amount of wheelspin and minimizing axle tramp. We believe GM's claim of 4.6 seconds to 60, but suspect it's possible by speed shifting, which we won't do."

I still can't find an M3 run that produced a 13.1 quarter mile... maybe I'm just blind, so where did you see that Divex?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.