Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
363 Posts
To be honest the E55 is not competition for the CTS-V. It is strange how when the V is compared with the Germans the magazines reach up to the M5 and E55 and the CTS rightfully is compared to the 3 series, C Class and A4 Audi. I believe Cadillac's times and we have no reason to think they would lie about the cars performance.

I also find it strange that the M all of a sudden is producing faster times. Also the CTS was also driven by a Beemer driver on the track and bested the M's times.

What ever thought some will believe GM is lying about there times and the track performance but BMW’s numbers are right on point so let’s just wait for the comparisons.

· Registered
363 Posts
I think the point of all of this should be brand loyalist facing the truth.

BMW's official M3 numbers are 4.8 Sec 0-60 and 13.4 1/4 mile.

Cadillac offers numbers that are what 4.6 or 4.7 at this time and we have no reason to distrust that so those people that would like to indicate Cadillac is lying should really stop.

Let's just wait for the comparisons of the two cars so that BMW loyalist can face true hard facts and not finagle out of the truth with weak numbers that no one but that magazine has ever produced. I am speaking of unbiased sources and even BMW it self doesn't offer the number that R&T does. Please both need to be tested at the same time on the same track. I would not be surprised if R&T did that test with the wind at there backs.

It will come down to V6 vs. V8, 333Hp vs. 400Hp and two cars that can carve up the road so we will see!!!!! We will see!!!!

· Registered
363 Posts
I am not trying to argue with you but since when does a cars weight determine its class?

Let me ask this in the last comparisons the CTS was put up against what cars? If I remember correctly it was cars in the 30-40K range such as the Jag, BMW 3, IS300 etc. not Benz E class, BMW 5** or what ever.

Funny what car does the S4 go up against? The M3!!! and the S4 is a 4 door car as the CTS-V is. I am sorry it is bias the way they operate. What do you think the STS-V is going to do batter with? The E55 and M5 not the S55 which is way up there in price.

· Registered
363 Posts
darrelld said:
Yes imagine the embarassment of the M3 driver beaten by a 4 door Cadillac, the bimmer boys bristle with denial and disbelief.

Out of all car manufactures owners BMW's seem to be the most arrogant when it comes to some one doing battle with there make. I understand BMW has been the best for about 15 years now but some times it is time to concede and except the inevitable. You will no longer sit on top. If BMW does come out a V10 in the next M3, I wish they would, GM will only boost the power of the CTS's motor and a good old American V8 will win out. Not to mention the fuel economy war is already being won and BMW reaching will only expand the gap.

I don't want to argue with you I want one magazine to do a comparison between the two at the same time and we will see. Like I said before if you look at the official numbers from the two makes BMW looses I could can less what Joe Schmo get in number when I don't know what he has done to the car.

Plus have you heard the next Corvette Z06 will have 500HP!!! The engine is lighter than the past one also and if Caddy were to put that in the CTS-V as it is rumored they will well…….Good by BMW!!!!! Remember that will be without a loss of fuel economy. Do you think BMW can or will be able to say the same?

· Registered
363 Posts
Do you know why the SType R really does battle against the E55, M5 and such? Because it is a car that is a performance model priced at 63K. In the price range of its competitors. Want to know why it looses? Because Ford does not put enough development money into its performance program.

· Registered
363 Posts
So with your logic when GM did that super(turbo?) charged Ecotec 4 banger(Cavalier) that got 1000HP...If they were to compare it with someone else they would look to Mclaren, Ferrari etc. Right!

No my friend it is determined by what class the base car is in. For example:

E420 - E55
545- M5
Audi A6- S6

CTS - CTS-V
330 - M3
A4 - S4

So in that mix you would not throw in sports cars like the Boxster or Z4 because they are in another class of competitors, the drop top roadster group. Have fun in your M because I love my CTS!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.