Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my CTS-V Grille and went into it a little worried since I read a few posts here saying it was a pain in the butt. I dont know why? I had my old one off and the new one on within about 10 minutes. 15 max.

I can do a small write-up on the re-and-re if you guys think it is worth while.

Looks good but I am still getting used to the fact that I can see right through my grille. Looks kinda odd.

CTS-V exhaust is going on next weekend and I think thats going to be the extent of the mods.

Cheers, Jason

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think the degree of difficulty depends on how much trouble the pins give you and how big your meat hooks are (for fitting in the tight areas).

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
SoupMan said:
I think the degree of difficulty depends on how much trouble the pins give you and how big your meat hooks are (for fitting in the tight areas).
I have to agree. My hands and arms are not the biggest but I had a very hard time getting to some of those clips. Another issue is trying to get all of those clips back in... I was never able to replace all of the clips until I removed the bumber later on for an HID install.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
NTIMD8 said:
a write up would be nice, for those of us (me) who are thinking about installing one. we can add it to the same section the tonya mod is in...

i just haven't made my mind up yet whether i want the v-grill or body colored yet on the white d.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
NTIMD8 said:
I just installed my CTS-V Grille and went into it a little worried since I read a few posts here saying it was a pain in the butt. I dont know why? I had my old one off and the new one on within about 10 minutes. 15 max.

Looks good but I am still getting used to the fact that I can see right through my grille. Looks kinda odd.

CTS-V exhaust is going on next weekend and I think thats going to be the extent of the mods.

Cheers, Jason
Write up is great cause its one of those recurring questions that could get answered!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I like The V-Grill And I Do Not. I Think It Is To Flat Looking It Changes The Look Of The CTs. Looks Good On The V- Series...I Am Wainting For The Body Colored Grill I think It Would Look Nice On The White Diamond Paint****

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are certain things I did to get the clips back in. I think I know what clips you guys are talking about but all I did was modify the clips (took 30 seconds) and install them top down like all the rest rather then down up like they were from the factory.

If the weather was good today I would have taken off the CTS-V Grille re-installed the stock one and then did a write up with pictures. If you guys don’t mind waiting till next weekend and pray for good weather I don’t mind doing a write up with pics, including the couple of small tricks I used to make this a 15 minute job.

,Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
chas039