Cadillac Owners Forum banner

201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V, Maggied.
169 Posts
Does the sending unit get changed out? I'm having the problem with the fuel gauge being inaccurate and am wondering if the recall will fix that problem as well??

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,360 Posts
Does the sending unit get changed out? I'm having the problem with the fuel gauge being inaccurate and am wondering if the recall will fix that problem as well??
The analog gauge in the V is generally considered inaccurate, and many of us ignore it and simply follow the "fuel used" indicator, which is pretty accurate. Having said that, GM has attempted to fix the issue on at least two occasions. There is a TSB (see attached) applicable to some Vs depending on the VIN. There also was a re-flash/reprogramming campaign for the ECM, which is no longer an option for anyone with an aftermarket tune since it will restore the stock tune.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 2014 ATS 2.0T
37 Posts
Fuel Pump Module Recall Fun!! (not really fun)

Recall notice on the CTS-V for the fuel pump module as parts are FINALLY available.

"Please make an appointment with an authorized GM dealership in your area." Cool . . . There are 4 dealerships to choose from. The Cadillac dealership is a no go due to them not road testing the V after some work and I had to get Corporate involved for them to correct it. Made an appointment via the site for Monday.

Arrived Monday morning . . . "I'm sorry we don't perform recall work if you didn't purchase the car here. You will have to go to the Cadillac dealership since are the new authorized service center for the area."

Damnit. . .Head down there and got in line around 8:00amish. The service dude asked what was needed . . . There are two recalls for my car, ignition swtich issue and fuel pump module. I understand that the fuel pump module is ~5 hours. If the parts are on hand I would like to leave it, if not, I can bring it back. The service dude scribbled some stuff down and says "No problem . . . We'll take care of it!"

I hop the shuttle back to the crib (this dealership apparently doesn't provide loaners like other dealerships for this recall). Around 4:30pm, he calls back and tells me it's a 5 hr job and they don't have the parts on hand The parts won't be in until Friday and he can make the appointment @ 7:30am. They did perform the ignition recall.

The service dude calls late Wednesday with good news that parts came in and I can bring the car in @ 7:30am Thursday. Drop the car off @ 7:30am Thursday morning . . . Received a call ~5:00pm stating the car isn't ready . . .

Just received a call from them that the car is finally ready for pickup. Other CTS-V owners have been reporting shoddy work regarding this recall (strange noises, new vibrations, loose gas tanks etc). Hopefully this won't be a problem since they had the car all day . . . . . Fingers crossed. . . . Knock on wood.

·
Registered
17 xt5 & Blk 05 cts-v
2,468 Posts
I'm scheduling mine to go in next week. They said they can provide a ats loaner. They are under strict orders of not driving my car after the work being done. I am taking video on the way in. Car runs great and i track it. I let them know all of that. Triple check everything. I dont need stuff to go wrong at 130+ mph. I am worried about them not fixing it correctly but no dealer does anything right on my cars.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
2005 CTS-V (Sold), 2017 Volt Premier (16-yr-old son), '16 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,945 Posts
You guys got me worried about which dealership I should go to.

When I schedule mine (maybe next month sometime), I'm hoping the worst problem I encounter is them not having a tech who can drive a stick.

·
Registered
2005 Black Raven CTS-V
44 Posts
Called my nearest dealer to schedule the repair. First response was they never heard of the recall. After they looked it up and I asked if they would offer a loaner, they said its a short repair. I tried explaining that they need to replace the fuel pump and lady was arguing that the service manager said they just need to reprogram the computer :confused:

I guess I need to look for another place to bring it. Has anyone in Long Island had the recall done yet? Any recommendations of where to have it done?

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
897 Posts
They obviously didn't even bother to read the recall. I'd make a point to go in there with all the relevant info in hand and make them feel like the complete boneheads they are.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
2005 CTS-V (Sold), 2017 Volt Premier (16-yr-old son), '16 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,945 Posts
Called my nearest dealer to schedule the repair. First response was they never heard of the recall. After they looked it up and I asked if they would offer a loaner, they said its a short repair. I tried explaining that they need to replace the fuel pump and lady was arguing that the service manager said they just need to reprogram the computer :confused:

I guess I need to look for another place to bring it. Has anyone in Long Island had the recall done yet? Any recommendations of where to have it done?
This kind of dealer attitude in harming General Motors more than any single thing.

If I was the regional manager for GM, I'd call them up and ream their collective ass so bad they'd need a lidocaine suppository for a week before they'd dare even pass wind.

·
Registered
2004 CTSV
590 Posts
I tried explaining that they need to replace the fuel pump and lady was arguing that the service manager said they just need to reprogram the computer :confused:
Don't waste your time talking on the phone with the service "receptionist". Unless you can talk directly with the service manager or somebody who deals directly with the technicians you won't get the facts. I have ruled out several dealers here in Denver because they have a receptionist that serves as the middle "Man" that doesn't know squat. I'm also trying to negotiate with the dealer to have them replace the front differential bushing and maybe even the cradle bushings. Most are hesitant about me supplying the parts and/or tools. The important thing is to find a dealer who has at least some experience doing the recall. If I have to wait a month or 2 to have this happen I will wait and risk a leak caused by a hole in my pump flange.

·
Registered
none
194 Posts
I'm scheduling mine to go in next week. They said they can provide a ats loaner.
Must be nice, I got a Malibu. Of course, mine is at a GM dealer not Cadillac. The lady giving me the loaner said she was afraid she didn't have anything as nice as my car - I inquired about the stingray they had on the showroom floor, sadly I didn't drive off with it.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V 2001 Camaro Z28
50 Posts
Took mine to Baker Cadillac in Charleston SC, AMAZING service and they told me step by step what the process was going to be. They gave me a loaner for 2 days because they said they wanted to take their time and make sure it's done correctly. As a loaner i got a fully loaded ATS with only 200 miles on the clock.

Picked the car up today, so far so good no issues as of yet.

·
Registered
2012 cts4 sedan 3.6
22 Posts

I am also on Long Island highly recommend Sarrant Cadillac service department.Will deffinitly advise to stay away from King O rourke.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 08 Light Platinum SRX V8, 05 White Diamond STS4 V8 1SG
1,966 Posts
I called Herb Chambers of RI back (more than once) and they finally determined the parts are on national backorder. Ok...

·
Registered
42 Posts
lx5.0 said:
LOL!!!!! Somebody crashed mine into there tool box one time I took it to caddillac had buy me a new bumper and repaint...and another time I was waiting in the front for my car and guy just gets off the car with out putting it in gear or handbrake and car just starts rolling down the parking lot ...Lol!!!!! I get scared taking it now to a dealer .
. We'll guys it took them three weeks and me leaving once with out it to get her done right and I'm not even going into what all went on. I put 850 miles on their loaner 2015 Z71 that had 6 miles on it...

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V Blk/Blk
785 Posts
I called Herb Chambers of RI back (more than once) and they finally determined the parts are on national backorder. Ok...
That is not true.

I stopped in and talked to my service writer on Monday. He looked up the recall and ordered parts, they showed up yesterday. I'm dropping it off tomorrow morning and getting a loaner for the day.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just dropped mine off at Findlay Cadillac in Henderson, by way of Las Vegas. Talk to Keith Acree if you have any issues, they will order the parts and call you when they're in.

Gave me a 2015 ATS loaner to boot. Will respond when the car is picked up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
johnny6 said:
Took mine to Baker Cadillac in Charleston SC, AMAZING service and they told me step by step what the process was going to be. They gave me a loaner for 2 days because they said they wanted to take their time and make sure it's done correctly. As a loaner i got a fully loaded ATS with only 200 miles on the clock. Picked the car up today, so far so good no issues as of yet.
. Not sure what is going on now but after having this fuel system recall done now I seem to be have trouble shift through the gears almost have to jam the stick it to position, then reverse acted as if the hole in the console wasn't big enough to allow it into position.. What the HELL....

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
897 Posts
Is the bottom of the shifter hitting your exhaust pipes? You'll probably wanna crawl under there and have a look at things while someone plays with your knob... If you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V 2001 Camaro Z28
50 Posts
Is the bottom of the shifter hitting your exhaust pipes? You'll probably wanna crawl under there and have a look at things while someone plays with your knob... If you know what I mean.
When they put my exhaust back they buttoned it up way to close to the chassis so it hits the bottom of the car when i go over bumps. So far this is the only issue i've noticed after picking the car up.

201 - 220 of 242 Posts