Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get the CTS-V front and side skirts from gmpartsdirect. All the parts come out to a little over 2K. About how much would the dealer charge me to paint and install these items?

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
rpolanc83 said:
I'm looking to get the CTS-V front and side skirts from gmpartsdirect. All the parts come out to a little over 2K. About how much would the dealer charge me to paint and install these items?
$2,000 is insane! More like half that. About $1200. $500 to $600 to paint and install. Maybe you heard $2,000 total. A ton of details available. Several of us have already done this. Some like myself went with the body colored grill. Expect a little bit of heat if you go with the complete V front end including the grill. You get stereotyped as a V-wannaBe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey you were right, it looks like somewhere around 2k total. It's cheaper than i originally thought. After noticing how much better the car would look with the V front and side skirts, i just keep thinking it looks like a toyota without those alterations.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Mine came to about $1000 in parts, but I found a used V front clip for around $500. My guess is that the parts from GMPD for the front will be somewhere around $900 without the V upper grill. The side skirts would add another $400. My dealer painted my stock grill, front V bumper cover, and side skirts, and installed them all for around another $1000. I'm sure you can find a cheaper place to paint and install them, though.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
rpolanc83 said:
i just keep thinking it looks like a toyota without those alterations.
Yeah right....Take another look! Toyota???? I don't think so!:welcome:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts