Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
03EscaladeAWD said:
Well, People dont buy the M5 just for luxury, and Cadillacs got plenty of luxury too!
I agree with you on that one. They buy m5 because of its capability, speed and of course bragging rights. ;)

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Devil_concours said:
I agree with you on that one. They buy m5 because of its capability, speed and of course bragging rights. ;)
I'll take a Caddy over any BMW. My aunt has plenty of leaks and klunks from her 735il. I have never felt inadequate being beside a snob in a Mercedes or BMW at a set of lights. I see them looking over my car! It just goes to show that you have to maintain anything or it all turns to junk.:cool:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Chuck C said:
yessssssss

but does faster mean better?
Probably. You have a BMW test driver
who is very familiar with the M5 and knows
how to get the most out of it. He gets into
a car he has not driven before and beats his
time with the M5. That says alot.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Talk about getting carried away by the press guys!!!

Come on, the CTSv is nothing more than a "carrot" hanging out there somewhere in front of all Cadillac enthusiasts. The M5 has been out there proving itself for years.
Once the CTSv actually hits the market, THEN compare it to the M5. You're comparing a few year old model to a future model.
You're letting the press get you all stirred up.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Of course, by the time the CTSV comes out, the production run will have ended on the current M5, and then by the time the new M5 comes out the CTSV will be a year old, so we wont be able to compare then either. So someday when the planets align, and the CTSV and M5 are BOTH new in the same model year can we truly compare them, until that time everybody SHUT UP ;) Oh wait its a message board, keep posting everybody.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I don't think competitors points in their respective production runs is very important, unless one could be considered seriously "long-in-the-tooth". The current M5 is a few years old and still MORE than competition for anything CURRENTLY AVAILABLE. I'm sure the OEM's will make sure their offerings will be able to compete with the rest of the market.

·
Registered
655 Posts
The proof of the pudding is in the tasting.

Cadillac's got pretty much everything right on paper, but it'll be another six months before we get our hands on them.

The current M5 is a five-year-old (MY1999 in Europe) product based on a car that's been in production for nearly eight years (MY1996 5-series, US a year later.) It's got its strengths and weaknesses and the new blower Benzes will eat its lunch in 100-150mph acceleration but it's still a tremendous car.

The industry is not standing still - you take your shot and put your product out and by the time it's going to production you better have the next one on the boards. Think back to the mid '70s when the press and the governments seemed so sure we'd never see 200HP again, that breaking 10 seconds 0-60 was the measure of a real performance car.

There's been some tremendous landmark cars over the past fifty, sixty, 100 years - but what's out there now - what's hit the market over the past ten years, and what's coming out now - whether you're into Mini Cooper S's, Mitsubishi Evos, or Z06 Vettes, or M5s, or Lotus Elises, or Ferrari Enzos, or McLaren F1s, or Radical SR3s - these are the Golden Years. We'll see if it gets better (750 ft/lb diesel M5d's, anyone?) or worse (Toyota Prius Type R) from here. Even if you're not in a position to walk into the dealership and throw a deposit check on the sales manager's desk for a new CTSv, you look at that list of hardware that's out there now or soon will be and thank God that they're showing up on the used lots (well, maybe not the Enzo or the F1) too.

I don't think anyone's going to buy the CTSv because it's absolutely the fastest car around, because it won't be. There's always something faster somewhere for some purpose if money's no object, and if you're looking for autobahn-blitzing triple-digit acceleration the turbo Benz V12s are going to do it, and just staying within sedans the Scooby STi will be a better pure back-road carver.

But the CTSv should (if the pudding tastes as good as it looks on paper) be a very fast and usable car for a very attractive price.

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
The thread on that board is annoying the hell outta me. What the "F" is with the "Spec-V" crap?! It's not a damn Nissan F'ing Sentra! I signed up - WAITED A DAMN DAY to get my account activation email - activated and NOW I have to wait to be approved by somebody before I can post. What a damn hassle! How do they have ANY members?! I wanna get in there and let it be known that it's not a Spec-V for Christ's sake..

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Sal Collaziano said:
The thread on that board is annoying the hell outta me. What the "F" is with the "Spec-V" crap?! It's not a damn Nissan F'ing Sentra! I signed up - WAITED A DAMN DAY to get my account activation email - activated and NOW I have to wait to be approved by somebody before I can post. What a damn hassle! How do they have ANY members?! I wanna get in there and let it be known that it's not a Spec-V for Christ's sake..
What the heck does THIS post have to do with THIS thread?!:confused:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Katshot said:
What the heck does THIS post have to do with THIS thread?!:confused:
Be nice to the poor boy Kevin! He was up all night tryin' to get on some ricer site!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts