Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Corsa and have a '04-05 CTS V-exhaust available with ~7000 miles on it. My wife doesn't want it on her CTS 3.6L so its up for grabs. Due to size and weight, this offer is best for a CTS owner in the Southern California area unless you want to pay unreasonable $$ for S&H.
PM me for any info - make me an offer I can't refuse and it's yours.... :D

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
BadCad said:
Just installed a Corsa and have a '04-05 CTS V-exhaust available with ~7000 miles on it. My wife doesn't want it on her CTS 3.6L so its up for grabs. Due to size and weight, this offer is best for a CTS owner in the Southern California area unless you want to pay unreasonable $$ for S&H.
Yep, UPS & DSL won't touch it and truck freight is several hundred dollars. I was lucky enough to find mine 20 miles away.:yup: What's your city?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
BadCad said:
So honestly what difference do you feel between the V exhaust and the Corsa?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what difference do you feel between the V exhaust and the Corsa?
Differences - pros and cons? The Corsa is heavier then the stock unit, which has to adversely affect overall performance (bad.) Also, the stock unit is one piece whereas the Corsa is sectional which you have to assemble (either good or bad.) However, the Corsa is more straightlined which has to improve flow. Also the resonator and mufflers are smaller (better designed?) which appear to improve flow (don't know inside construction and have to rely on marketing materials.) The steel used is better quality and the tubes are mandrel bent which improves flow. I have to assume the increased flow over-compensates substantially for the heavier weight and allows the motor to breathe better; I haven't dynoed the V before and after, thus am unable to provide quantitative metrics. Perhaps someone else can you better info here.

Qualitative metrics? The Corsa definitely sounds better to me. The stock was OK at idle and better at open throttle. However, the Corsa gives a deeper, throathier sound at idle and sings at open throttle/high RPM's. No irritable drone though and at WOT you can still hear music or conduct a fone conversation in the car. Aside from the accelerator, the only feedback you have when driving are roadfeel throught the wheel, the shifts if a manu tranny, and the exhaust sound when pushing the car. That is also why I installed a UUC short-throw shifter. When shifting I want to feel a crisp, acurate shift and not a mushy, loose throw as with the stock shifter. Isn't this all about enhancing the driving experience, which what car enthusiasts are after, and why we buy the car(s) we do?

BTW - I am located at the Orange County/LA County borders in case anyone want to pursue the V exhaust.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
BadCad said:
Differences - pros and cons? The Corsa is heavier then the stock unit, which has to adversely affect overall performance (bad.) Also, the stock unit is one piece whereas the Corsa is sectional which you have to assemble (either good or bad.) However, the Corsa is more straightlined which has to improve flow. Also the resonator and mufflers are smaller (better designed?) which appear to improve flow (don't know inside construction and have to rely on marketing materials.) The steel used is better quality and the tubes are mandrel bent which improves flow. I have to assume the increased flow over-compensates substantially for the heavier weight and allows the motor to breathe better; I haven't dynoed the V before and after, thus am unable to provide quantitative metrics. Perhaps someone else can you better info here.

Qualitative metrics? The Corsa definitely sounds better to me. The stock was OK at idle and better at open throttle. However, the Corsa gives a deeper, throathier sound at idle and sings at open throttle/high RPM's. No irritable drone though and at WOT you can still hear music or conduct a fone conversation in the car. Aside from the accelerator, the only feedback you have when driving are roadfeel throught the wheel, the shifts if a manu tranny, and the exhaust sound when pushing the car. That is also why I installed a UUC short-throw shifter. When shifting I want to feel a crisp, acurate shift and not a mushy, loose throw as with the stock shifter. Isn't this all about enhancing the driving experience, which what car enthusiasts are after, and why we buy the car(s) we do?

BTW - I am located at the Orange County/LA County borders in case anyone want to pursue the V exhaust.
Good Feedback! Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts