Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CTS
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering those of you that have the CTS-V exhaust installed on your 3.6L's ... how do they sound? Tuner sound or throaty like the V? Please upload pics and sound clips if available.
Also if the CTS-V exhaust fits on the 3.6L dual exhaust vehicles would a custom Magnaflow exhaust made for the CTS-V fit on our cars? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Just wondering those of you that have the CTS-V exhaust installed on your 3.6L's ... how do they sound? Tuner sound or throaty like the V? Please upload pics and sound clips if available.
Also if the CTS-V exhaust fits on the 3.6L dual exhaust vehicles would a custom Magnaflow exhaust made for the CTS-V fit on our cars? Thanks!
I had a sound clip on Reed's site www.cadillacfaq.com of my magnaflows and volant. I did not have the V-pipes as yet and have not posted a sound clip since I upgraded tot he V exhaust. For starters, check out my thread on a dyno run witht he V-exhaust with magnaflow mufflers.. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum/58398-dyno-results-3-6-w-v.html
I love the sound..nice and deep..

·
Registered
2004 CTS
474 Posts
When i first installed my V exhaust, I realy didn't feel any perforamance or shound difference

·
Registered
2018 CTS
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a sound clip on Reed's site www.cadillacfaq.com of my magnaflows and volant. I did not have the V-pipes as yet and have not posted a sound clip since I upgraded tot he V exhaust. For starters, check out my thread on a dyno run witht he V-exhaust with magnaflow mufflers.. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum/58398-dyno-results-3-6-w-v.html
I love the sound..nice and deep..
But does it sound like a ricer? tuner? or does it sound throaty, powerful and V8 like? I'm afraid of having a car sounding like a honda civic with a big cherry bomb on it.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
But does it sound like a ricer? tuner? or does it sound throaty, powerful and V8 like?
I guess you didn't find the sound bite on cadillacfaq...well, it definitely does not sound like a ricer. The sound is very deep and powerful and V8 like. I've actually had people ask me if my car is a V8...I've had people ask me if mine is the one with the Corvette engine, and I've had people aske me if my car is the V (they definitely don't know the difference in looks 'cause my car looks nothing like a V), but based on the sound, they were probably not sure....Also, whenever a valet start up my car in an enclosed parking lot, I can tell when they have found my car..it is one of the few car that just emits a bad ass deep powerful and low rumble....I'll try and post a new sound clip...don't know when I'll get to it though...

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
I noticed barely any difference. Waste of time and money locating and installing it. If I were you I'd much rather save up for a Borla or a Corsa depending on your engine. I am very happy with my Borla.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
The difference between a stock exhaust and V-exhaust is subtle. You get more rumble and resonance, and can really hear and feel it on acceleration. It is not ricer at all. Just more low end rumble, nice and not obnoxious. Adding Magnaflows or other mufflers would make it louder, I really like mine the way it is.

The Magnaflow for the CTS-V uses 2.5" pipes, so you might be able to make it work with a lot of modification. The O2 sensors on the V are in the headers and in the forward part of the exhaust pipes on the CTS. You would have to drill and tap the Manageflows and move the O2 sensors, the same as if you were installing a CTS-V exhaust. Would everything fit? I don't think anyone's tried it so you would be on new ground. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
The difference between a stock exhaust and V-exhaust is subtle. You get more rumble and resonance, and can really hear and feel it on acceleration. It is not ricer at all. Just more low end rumble, nice and not obnoxious. Adding Magnaflows or other mufflers would make it louder, I really like mine the way it is.

The Magnaflow for the CTS-V uses 2.5" pipes, so you might be able to make it work with a lot of modification. The O2 sensors on the V are in the headers and in the forward part of the exhaust pipes on the CTS. You would have to drill and tap the Manageflows and move the O2 sensors, the same as if you were installing a CTS-V exhaust. Would everything fit? I don't think anyone's tried it so you would be on new ground. Good luck!
Everthing will fit. My set up is with the V-pipes and Magnaflow Exhaust. Just install the V-pipes below the O2 sensors and you'll be cool....

·
Registered
2018 CTS
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can someone with a V exhaust please upload a clip? I dont want anything too loud and annoying, just nice and throaty. thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts