Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Escalade, 2006 Cadillac CTS
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon my ignorance... but could you guys explain to me why you've done this mod? What does the V exhaust do to the 3.6L? Does it increase HP? How about noise?
I know that those might sound stupid... but I am new to this stuff...
Thanks for any replies...:)

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Planediveguy said:
Pardon my ignorance... but could you guys explain to me why you've done this mod? What does the V exhaust do to the 3.6L? Does it increase HP? How about noise?
Check out my thread http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58398 with the dyno results (hp and torque) for the 3.6 with volant and v-exhaust, then compare the results with stock 3.6 as well as 3.6 with Volant...Also, as far as noise, (I prefer the word "sound") go to cadillacfaq.com and check out the various 3.6 sound clips...with and without v-exhaust....

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Just my thoughts - I put the V exhaust on for the cost (total $125), the sound (I thought the stock to quiet) and now has a nice mellow tone, and the look(the tips would have cost nearly as much by themselves ). The slight extra hp and the better throttle response are just frosting on the cake. The TonyA mod is better on the cost end, but is invisible in the looks department, but it is a nice combination.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts