Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This obviously isn't a scientific poll as I think no one has dyno'd the V exhaust before and after. Anyway what does your seat of the pants Dyno tell you?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cadiman1983 said:
cough * cough * BORLAS BETTER * cough * cough ...
Could be or maybe the Corsa. But I'm trying to get the pulse from the guys who made the V Mod.

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
First, I think it will depend on where each member actually made the connection. For example mine is from the resonator back. PJ's is from directly after the sensors.....Also i think with the V exhaust you might be losing torque but gaining horspower (top end) which actually is probably better here in the west coast most of my battles are usually from a rolling position....

I'm going to dyno my car this week. If im losing torque, I'm going to install a 2" X-pipe w/ 2" resonator into the V-exhaust. Personally i think whatever happens after the resonator is simply for sound.....

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
As far as your poll question, I think the car is quicker. However, after my dyno results, (Nice increase in overall hp, but a loss in torque), I am switching. SDMarineguy found me a good deal and has shipped an X-pipe and Magnaflow dual in/out muffler to me...my exhaust shop will mandrel bend 2.25" pipes to replace my existing V-pipes....I will do the installation when I get back from NY after X-mas and do another dyno run. If I lose torque after this switch, I'm not touching my car again....well, not until I get the headers,

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pjohnesq said:
mas and do another dyno run. If I lose torque after this I'm not touching my car again....well, not until I get the headers,
I love your disclaimer at the end! :D It's CYA coverage.:yup: You should be rockin' with about 300HP! YeeHaaa!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I dynoed before and after, 195 RWHP stock exhaust and 199 RWHP Vexhaust. Not much but it looks and sounds great and a super easy install and a couple more hp for free doesn't hurt.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okiwont said:
I dynoed before and after, 195 RWHP stock exhaust and 199 RWHP Vexhaust. Not much but it looks and sounds great and a super easy install and a couple more hp for free doesn't hurt.
Good feedback. How about your butt dyno?

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
I agree that I don't feel any less power, and the mid range punch seems more "right now" if you know what I mean. The sound is definitley more refined. I had mine custom installed from the cats back with 2.5's matched from there and as many of you saw it looks nearly factory done. My dealer agreed to cover the exhaust under the factory warranty.(mine only had 40 miles on it) and I purchased it from my dealer. After the first I'm going to have an X-pipe installled and see how the drone if any is. With the Volant installed it feels a bit better on WOT, but Ill wait until I get the X-pipe and then I will dyno as my friend Roger Vinci has a dyno. For the amount invested, I'm not one bit dissappointed. (thanks RobertCTS)

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
I have the 3.2 engine, and I took the V resonator and mufflers and then welded them to 2 inch diameter pipes from the cats back. I feel like its much easier to spin the wheels now than before, but I would really like to dyno the car to see what differnce it made.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
I wouldn't say the V-exhaust made the car any faster. Certainly not to the point I could feel it. But it does SOUND faster, that's certain

The main reason I did the modification was for looks and the throater nastier yes i'm 3.6 liters and I like to use it sound, especially at startup and 6,500 RPM's :cool:

·
Banned
Cadillac
1,884 Posts
okiwont said:
Ok, Post your before and after dyno runs for us to see....
I wished I would have dyno'd my car before I installed the exhaust. Im going to dyno tomorrow.........

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dubbed Stealth, I have tried before to post my 3 dyno runs. I am very lame with computers and I can't ever post anything on this forum. I Will work on it again as I am learning and getting better with the whole computer thing. My 3 runs were 195 stock, 199 w/ V exhaust and finally 204 w/V exhaust and TonyA. I have a 3.2 with manual trans. As for seat of the pants its hard to say because the sound is so much better it fools you into thinking its faster but I don't think my butt dyno is sensitive enough to feel 3 RWHP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts