Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey V Forum,

It's been about 3 months since I had my V-Exhaust installed and I wanted to show you guys a video and some pics of your exhausts being put to work it really does sound great a 5x improvment over the "whisper quiet double pass muffler" exhaust on the 3.6. The deeper throatier sound is what should have been stock on the CTS in the first place :)

Special thanks to avejoe (Carl C.) for the exhaust (and for help getting the damm thing in the back of my durango in the first place) :cool:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/video/vexhaust-36l.html

·
Registered
669 Posts
Nice Job AAA:
Am trying to convince my wife to do the same with her 3.6L. maybe this will do it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
Sounds cool, :2thumbs: we need to figure out how to get a maggie on the sucker..

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
AsAkAs said:
Super Charger, blower, forced induction, huffer, Magna Charger. Call it what you will. It will basically make first gear useless as you'll never get traction again. :bouncy: What a great problem to have.

BTW-the exhaust sounds great! What an improvement.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am a V owner and to me, the V exhaust on the CTS sounds more like an aftermarket exhaust on a V. In other words, I think it sounds excellent with burble and all! :cool2:

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
AsAkAs, looks like we followed similar paths. Brought my exhaust home the exact same way in a 99 Durango. I've had mine on for a week now. I can hardly wait for my Volant ( 2 weeks now) to arrive and see what this does to the quality of the sound. I'm thinking of adding an X-pipe, but I'll wait to hear the sound with the volant before I decide. Robert have you got a sound clip of your combo, I'd like to hear it if you do. Here's a couple of pics of the install.

·
Registered
36 Posts
AsAkAs or B Hoth: Looks like the V exhaust was welded into a portion of the stock exhaust of the 3.6L, is this correct? Is any muffler shop able to do this easily? What did they charge for this? Thanks.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
new2here said:
AsAkAs or B Hoth: Looks like the V exhaust was welded into a portion of the stock exhaust of the 3.6L, is this correct? Is any muffler shop able to do this easily? What did they charge for this? Thanks.
Yes, because of the O2 sensor buns (they're in a different location, or not at all with the V-exhaust) the portion of the 3.6L exhaust that had the buns needed to be kept, then the V went from there back, cost was just 1.5hrs labor.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Take a closer look at my under car pic. The magic muffler man actually removed my old exhaust at the flange that connects to the cats. This left my old exhaust perfectly intact for another member (Indo still waiting for your pics) to put on his 03. They should bolt right up to his cats. The V- exhaust flanges do not match up to the 3.6 cats. The muffler guy torched off the tips of the V-exhaust and added new ones that perfectly matched the flanges to my stock cats, instead of sliding them over the old exhaust just after the O2 sensors. If you look at some pics of others who did this over part of their old exhaust, you'll notice that it looks like it was modified not more of a factory look which is what I was looking for. I showed my dealer the mod just to judge their reaction to it. They said it looked so clean that they would still honor the warranty on it. (imagine that)

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
The install of this mod cost me $90 plus a $100 for the exhaust from the dealer(had 50 miles on it). I sold my stock exhaust to Indo for $50. Total cost $140. Buying the Tips would have been nearly this and I wouldn't have that nice sound or what feels like a little more push in the back at mid RPM. I highly recommend the mod. The V-guys might want to try an X-pipe on their stock exhaust and see what that sounds like, and should be good for a few more horses.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts