Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 V Coupe, SOLD: 01 C5 Vert, 02 GTX, 03 SSS, 05 S4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First question - anyone in the Puget Sound area have either system that would be willing to meet up so I can hear 1st hand?

Second question - Any of you guys that went with the B&B for your coupe ultimately regret it and end up going with something louder?

Third question - who has the best price on the B&B's?

I had B&B shorties and a full length Borla cat back, Xpipe, and hiflo cats on my C5. Loved the raucous sound of the Borla's. But looking for something much more mild with the V. Just don't want to be underwhelmed. Not a Corsa Sport fan - had them on my Silverado SS they were "meh" and I never liked the Corsa sound on Corvettes . . .

Leaning towards the B&Bs but thought I would take a shot on getting a little feedback before pulling the trigger.

Any feedback would be grand . . .

And thanks!

·
Registered
11 Black Diamond Edition CTS-V Coupe, 12 SRX, 18 Ridgeline RTL-E
182 Posts
Re: CTC V Coupe Exhaust - Looking at B&B and Borla - Puget Sound Area

I have the Stainless Works CTSV09CPCB which indicates coupe cat-back on my 2011 V. This system has their PN 798300 mufflers, according the the included paperwork. I posted a PIC in http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-2014-cadillac-cts-v-performance/688809-stainless-works-vs-kooks.html

The day before yesterday, I ordered the Borla 12662 cat-back system to replace it.

Five days ago, I stopped in at Stainless Works to see if the system could be tamed a bit. Their Sales Manager called later that day to tell me that they would have a look when they had a lift free. No word yet.

After I install the Borla system, I will be able to offer an opinion.

The Stainless Works system may well be for sale with not much more than 100 miles on it. It does have a powerful sound.

·
Registered
11 Black Diamond Edition CTS-V Coupe, 12 SRX, 18 Ridgeline RTL-E
182 Posts
A question for Coupe owners.

The instruction manual for both the Stainless Works ctsv09cpcb and the Borla 12662 direct you to remove (2) bolts from the Cross Bracket during removal of the stock system.
Borla actually shows such a Bracket.

The Bracket on my 2011 Coupe has (4) bolts. Does yours?

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Coupe
220 Posts
I'm in the Puget Sound area and have a 2012 V Coupe with a Borla X pipe and cat back installed.
We can meet up sometime and you can hear it and go for a ride so you can hear the sound in it as well.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V Sedan
567 Posts
Hated my B&B, major drone, terrible fitment. Love my Corsa. Friends with the Borla, their cars sound great too!

·
Registered
11 V Coupe, SOLD: 01 C5 Vert, 02 GTX, 03 SSS, 05 S4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in the Puget Sound area and have a 2012 V Coupe with a Borla X pipe and cat back installed.
We can meet up sometime and you can hear it and go for a ride so you can hear the sound in it as well.
That would be great! I'm on the South side of Issquah near Renton. PM and we connect!

----------

Any others in the Puget Sound area with B&B or Borla? I wouldn't mind listening to a Stainless Works either . . .

·
Registered
2012 ctsv coupe
26 Posts
I have axle back Borla Sports on my 2012 coupe and love them. Reasonably quiet at cruise and fun when you want it to be. And no drone.
Installation was easy - measure back the proscribed distance, use a SawsAll to cut the two pipes, remove the stock (heavy) muffler from the three mounts on each side
and replace with the Borlas. Torque to 35lbs and enjoy. Mine lined up really well. They are a little tight going on, but not a big problem. You might get some Borla
Stainless polish and really work on the inside of the tips before you run them as they will look better and clean up easier. Most car places sell a round synthetic ball that will fit in your drill to make it easier. Have fun.

·
Registered
CTSV Sedan
3 Posts
I think you can't go wrong with a Corsa sport. No drone it sounds very aggressive still. I went to an HPDE and attached a gopro mc and it sounds fantastic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts