Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
"Angel Dust" 2004 White Diamond CTS 3.6L-V
390 Posts
If anyone has a lead to a cts-v front bumper lower grille please let me know! Ive have a front fascia ready to go but the fog brackets and the lower grille situation has slowed me down.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
If anyone has a lead to a cts-v front bumper lower grille please let me know! Ive have a front fascia ready to go but the fog brackets and the lower grille situation has slowed me down.
Just buy the grill new and get on with the swap.

·
Registered
2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
659 Posts
RCVW said:
You get a quote on the cost of getting the grille painted?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just buy the grill new and get on with the swap.
There hard to locate and the rare few on the bay are 300+...out of budget for a piece of mesh. I bought one 2nd hand from a pick-a-part via ebay...they sent the lower grille without the chrome edge/finishing piece so as it sat in the bumper it had gaps on the edges and looked incomplete. Sent it back for a refund and Im back to square one. Might just end up going the home depot chicken wire route.

You get a quote on the cost of getting the grille painted?
Are you referring to the upper or lower grille orrrr bumper itself? I have a white diamond 3.6 with a black mesh style upper grille, was going to paint the lower grille black myself....and have the front v fascia sprayed to match the car itself...its thunder grey oem with some small imperfections, small crack, license plate holes and a small scuff.

·
Registered
659 Posts
RCVW said:
There hard to locate and the rare few on the bay are 300+...out of budget for a piece of mesh. I bought one 2nd hand from a pick-a-part via ebay...they sent the lower grille without the chrome edge/finishing piece so as it sat in the bumper it had gaps on the edges and looked incomplete. Sent it back for a refund and Im back to square one. Might just end up going the home depot chicken wire route.

Are you referring to the upper or lower grille orrrr bumper itself? I have a white diamond 3.6 with a black mesh style upper grille, was going to paint the lower grille black myself....and have the front v fascia sprayed to match the car itself...its thunder grey oem with some small imperfections, small crack, license plate holes and a small scuff.
Sorry, yes I meant bumper not grille. I have a diamond white CTS myself and diamond white is very hard to match since its a 3 layer paint. I was wondering if you had gotten estimates from a shop yet on how much they'd charge to paint it and if it'll match well.
That's what has been holding me back from just getting the V bumper.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Local shop quoted me around $200-250...due to three stage and an "aging" process...I might just plasti-dip the whole car flat white for a quarter of that price quote. Lmfao.

·
Registered
659 Posts
RCVW said:
Local shop quoted me around $200-250...due to three stage and an "aging" process...I might just plasti-dip the whole car flat white for a quarter of that price quote. Lmfao.
Haha 200-250 is actually worth it IMO. I do hope you're joking about the dipping though hahaha. I've used it on my wheels and grille and for those applications it's great but full-car? Hell fricken no haha

·
Registered
Custom 2007 cts
74 Posts
J W said:
I have a oem v bumper
Do you still have your oem bumper for sale? I would like to know if what is the price? Im planning to do a cts-v bumper swap to my 07 cts so i gonna need everything including wheel wells etc. Im in canada.. Thanks

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
There hard to locate and the rare few on the bay are 300+...out of budget for a piece of mesh.
I just bought one new at a dealership. Its an extra 200$ over what you want to spend, at most...not alot of coin in the long run. If that extra 200 is stretching your budget too far for this projecct, maybe you should consider not doing the project... What happens if you have to do major engine repair....200 wont cover half the labor.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I just bought one new at a dealership. Its an extra 200$ over what you want to spend, at most...not alot of coin in the long run. If that extra 200 is stretching your budget too far for this projecct, maybe you should consider not doing the project... What happens if you have to do major engine repair....200 wont cover half the labor.
When you can take two steps in my shoes...maybe your statements can be considered valid. A body modification and engine repair are apples to oranges "sir".

21 - 32 of 32 Posts