Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here got a regular CTS and put on just the CTS V bumper/ grille...ill have pics up soon of how mine looks...if anybody else got it...post some pics

·
Registered
2003 White Diamond CTS
69 Posts
I put the V gill on my..It was kinda of a pain getting all those plastic clips off..I bought the gill on gmpartsdirect.com for 190.00 and used a flat head screw driver to install in..Very happy with the end results.. I will post a pic later

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
Yo Bobby, ever thought of using a mulching blade?

Back on topic...

The grille swap is very simple & shouldn't take ya more than 30 minutes or so. Like said above, it's a direct swap w/o any fabing. E-bay has them at decent prices, but make sure you're getting a genuine GM part, otherwise it will probably have gaps.

·
Registered
CTS
4 Posts
Re: CTS Bumper

Hello,
I am new to this forum. I have an 06 CTS and mi looking for a new bumper preferably in primer. I am having a difficult time finding something for a decent price. Any suggestions?
Kyla

·
Registered
2006 CTS sport model/package
1,058 Posts
Datsiik said:
Hello,
I am new to this forum. I have an 06 CTS and mi looking for a new bumper preferably in primer. I am having a difficult time finding something for a decent price. Any suggestions?
Kyla
There isn't a lot for the CTS bumper wise. Unless its stock or a v, it will be some aftermarket piece of crap that will make it look like hell. There may be an ok one out there but it will prob cost a fortune! Keep an eye on the classifieds for the CTS & CTS-V and look for a V bumper. When you see one don't think about it or hum and haw, buy it ASAP or it will be GONE!!! You can also check local wrecking yards for for a V but those are like Pokaroo.....heard of but never seen!

Good luck.

·
Registered
CTS
4 Posts
Thank you! I was looking for a stock, I was not sure if i was able to have the v put on and look ok on my car. I am quite new to this finding Cadillac parts thing, much harder than I thought it would be!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
4 Posts
I just recently bought a new grille and billet grille. The bumper I have now had a small crack which decided to spread. My mechanic said he found a primed bumper for 1000$ but I thought that was pretty outrageous

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Go to www.newgmparts.com

They have a new CTS-V bumper for $523. SHould be able to get it painted fairly cheap.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
192 Posts
I think this thread has the better info =)
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-first-generation-forum-2003/228506-pictures-cts-v-bumper.html

The V bumper looks great and bolts right up. You need to get the upper and lower grill for it. If you do a search you will see many topics on it with a how to I'm sure. If you find a bumper inquire about the side skirts too. Then ya have more of the V look.

----------

Here is a link to a good discussion with lots of info and pics.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-first-generation-forum-2003/209355-cts-v-bumper-conversion-clear-fogs.html
----------

----------

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
CadillacAsAlways said:
Are those the stock 18" wheels on that black CTS?
Yes. Those are the 18's that come with the sport appearance package.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts