Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
does the cts-v bumper sit lower to the ground than the regular cts bumper, how about the v rocker panels do they go lower to the ground also?
V side skirts are the same as the CTS sport skirts, by the way. No more then an inch lower. The V front skirt is about 2 inchs lower.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
The V and sports skirts are identical to my knowledge and likely carry the same part number. They aren't lower overall, but rather go straight down and have a sharp corner. The stock skirts curve gently under. Overall ground clearance is the same.

The same goes for the V front bumper cover. While the front spoiler is lower at the same point (furthest forward) than the stock cover, it simply sticks further forward at it's low point. The stock CTS cover curves under. At their lowest point, they both have the same ground clearance.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
The V and sports skirts are identical to my knowledge and likely carry the same part number. They aren't lower overall, but rather go straight down and have a sharp corner. The stock skirts curve gently under. Overall ground clearance is the same.

The same goes for the V front bumper cover. While the front spoiler is lower at the same point (furthest forward) than the stock cover, it simply sticks further forward at it's low point. The stock CTS cover curves under. At their lowest point, they both have the same ground clearance.
Yes, same part#.

Ody, Ive found overall ground clearance to be alot less with both the side skirts and the front lip. Why? The side skirts are actually lower in the center. I now hit going over a speedbump at my work parking lot, almost directly under the B-pillar. I never did this before I had the side skirts. Also, tho the V front lip is not 'physically lower', because it is farther forward at the same depth, I lost a bit of clearance going down a steep driveway onto a flat road.

No, they may not actually be lower, but do to thier design, in certain situations, you will have less clearance.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
In the 4-wheeler world, we call it approach angle (on the rear . . . departure angle). It may not be physically lower, but since it's further forward, the approach angle is less, meaning, you'll scrape on steep driveways, etc. I haven't had a problem with my side skirts, though.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
In the 4-wheeler world, we call it approach angle (on the rear . . . departure angle). It may not be physically lower, but since it's further forward, the approach angle is less, meaning, you'll scrape on steep driveways, etc. I haven't had a problem with my side skirts, though.
I learned the hard way.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats what cadillac is calling it in their options, i guess it fastens to your sideskirts, like some aftermarket sideskirts do.
i just can't find a part number for the life of me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts