Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
-05 CTS-V, -55 Coupé deVille
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Massege from Sweden. Here in Sweden with ourer towingrules it is ok to towing a trailer with Cadillac CTS-V. Cadillac Europe has also sent me an dispension for towing with my V. It is an amazing towing car. Here is som pics from my V and [email protected] XL.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Not sure what to think. On one hand cool you can have your V when you go camping, on the ohter I never thought I would see it.

Not something I would do but have fun!

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I'll take a Swedish massage!

But that's a pretty sweet setup. Really, the only thing that holds us back is the diff. We've got more hp than many trucks towing much more. Cool beans! Is that your portable shaggin' wagon???

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,707 Posts
I like your reverse lighting. Are the red and rear fog light? Pics of your turn signal marker under the fender V badge would be great. :)

Funny, on the Corvette forum they'd be screaming "abuse" seeing their car towing a vacation home.

Norm

·
Registered
-05 CTS-V, -55 Coupé deVille
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like your reverse lighting. Are the red and rear fog light? Pics of your turn signal marker under the fender V badge would be great. :)

Funny, on the Corvette forum they'd be screaming "abuse" seeing their car towing a vacation home.

Norm
Yes, it is fog lights. Pics of turnsignal are coming later.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Greetings, how rare are Cadillac's in Sweden?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,126 Posts
Yes, it is fog lights. Pics of turnsignal are coming later.
Hmmm, interesting. I might have to see about getting those. I'm always amazed that rear foglights aren't required in the US. When I'm following a European car in rain/mist/fog/snow it's amazing what a difference the rear foglights make compared to just the regular rear running lights. The rear fogs make it so much easier to see the cars ahead of you through the poor visibility.

Really, the only thing that holds us back is the diff.
That and the transmission. The Tremec is not a towing transmission. I just saw a discussion recently that the Ram SRT-10 with the 6-speed manual carries NO tow rating at all. Dodge then brought out an SRT-10 with the same automatic that is used with the Cummins and that has a tow rating. (Countdown to off-topic comment about SRT products being inferior... 10... 9... 8... )As someone else said in the thread I was reading, "The T56 is NOT a truck transmission. It's not intended to deal with the kind of high torque, low speed, constant duty operation that is REALITY in a pickup or any vehicle towing a load."

I'm honestly surprised GM of Europe would OK the CTS-V to tow, but I guess if it works, it works!

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
fudge... if it'll town that it'll tow a jetski... MY PLANS JUST GOT A LOT CHEAPER!!!
the regular cts can tow a jetski.

never thought i would see a cts-v with the euro lights on it.

I'll take a Swedish massage!

But that's a pretty sweet setup. Really, the only thing that holds us back is the diff. We've got more hp than many trucks towing much more. Cool beans! Is that your portable shaggin' wagon???
torque tows not horse power:yup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts