Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
my thinking on this is the C6 will be the first to get that motor, it follows GM's "Corvette is King" line of thinking. The CTS-V will probably have the LS1 and Hopefully the LS6 as these engines are far from retirement...although i could hear the jokes on the Ford and Dodge forums "so that new vette has the engine from the cadillac"...i think it sounds better the other way around..."I just bought a CTS..ya know it has a vette engine:D "

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Brett said:
my thinking on this is the C6 will be the first to get that motor, it follows GM's "Corvette is King" line of thinking.
While that was true for many years, it looks like GM is finally starting to have a Cadillac is king mentality.

The first 'high performance' car from GM's new performance division will be the CTS-V.

The XLR will appear before the C6, even though it's built on the same platform at the same factory. And even though it's the 50 Anniversary of the Corvette!

The 12 and 16 cylinder 'show' engines are badged as Cadillacs. The 12 is likely to see production in either an SUV and/or new sedan. With the Cadillac Northstar already popular with the street rodders, I can't wait for these.

It looks like the day will come, when more and more people will once again be proud to say, I own a Cadillac.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
The first 'high performance' car from GM's new performance division will be the CTS-V.

The XLR will appear before the C6, even though it's built on the same platform at the same factory. And even though it's the 50 Anniversary of the Corvette!

The 12 and 16 cylinder 'show' engines are badged as Cadillacs. The 12 is likely to see production in either an SUV and/or new sedan. With the Cadillac Northstar already popular with the street rodders, I can't wait for these.

It looks like the day will come, when more and more people will once again be proud to say, I own a Cadillac. [/B][/QUOTE]

I hope your right i strongly disagree with the corvette is king mentality and voiced that opinion somewhere in the XLR section, but my guess would still be LS1 or LS6 for the CTS-V

·
I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
9,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like I've mentioned before, Cadillac is heading in the right direction. GM isn't going to let this company slide off the face of the Earth. They're been riding on their name for long enough... Now they need to start building their reputation again. If I know it, they know it... Hopefully, the CTS and XLR will make people think twice about buying cars from other luxury car companies...

·
Registered
122 Posts
The Corvette, and the Cadillac brand fill very different roles at GM. Corvette always has been and always will be GM's sports car. It's designed to be their ultimate expression of a high performance car that is attainable by every day people. Cadillac is supposed to be the premium brand, offering luxury, and all the goodies that come along with it. The timing of the CTS V, and the XLR relative to the vette are purely coincidence. The vette was delayed a year because Lutz decided that he wanted to make changes. That's why it won't be out at the same time as the XLR. The CTS V was a fast project, done at the behest of Lutz, so Caddy could have a sports sedan worth talking about. In the future, you will continue to see the Vette fill the role of "Sports car" while cadillac will continue to re-establish itself as "the standard of the world" by offering luxury vehicles with class, high feature content, and world class performance.

As for that fourth gen engine, you can almost bet that it'll debut in the vette. Caddy has the northstar. Corvette is the home to the small block V8. It'll end up in the trucks, and eventually in the GTO and CTS, but Corvette has always had claim to the small block, and it'll almost definitely get it first. Regarding the 7800 RPM redline, there's a lot of debate about that. I'm really curious to see if they have it spinning that high. It'd be a fun engine :)

Scott

·
See you in the funny papers
26,239 Posts
Could you do us all a favor and discuss things that aren't 4 years old, please?

There's a veritable cornucopia of current topics to discuss without the need to dredge up this moldy stuff.

Thanks, man. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
The Tony Show