Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
Your quesiton is somewhat vague, so Im just gonna say, to engage turn signal = left stalk on steering column. The flashy little lights are in the instrument panel in the center at the top. And outside, on the front they are right below the foglights, and on the back they are at the bottom part of the tailights in a differnt color lens.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
The turn signal/hazard flasher module looks to me like it is under/behind the dash on the left hand side. It looks like a rectangular plastic box with a connector coming out of the left hand end. This is from the service manual.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
It's up under the left side of the dash.
Why do you want to know where it is?
I have never replaced one. Usually the bulbs go out in the rear (sometimes the front) causing the turn signals to behave erratically. It could be a bulb.

It's number 6 in this image.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply.

I bought LED bulbs to replace the stock 3157 bulbs & got the wierd fast flash from the turn signals. I'm assuming it's because the stock flasher is in-compatible with the LED's. I'm thinking of replacing the stock flasher with an electronic one from the same supplier I bought the bulbs from.:duck:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Caddy Man said:
Your quesiton is somewhat vague, so Im just gonna say, to engage turn signal = left stalk on steering column. The flashy little lights are in the instrument panel in the center at the top. And outside, on the front they are right below the foglights, and on the back they are at the bottom part of the tailights in a differnt color lens.
NICE...It appears at least 2 others understood my question. Sorry for being such a DOPE!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ewill3rd said:
It's up under the left side of the dash.
Why do you want to know where it is?
I have never replaced one. Usually the bulbs go out in the rear (sometimes the front) causing the turn signals to behave erratically. It could be a bulb.

It's number 6 in this image.
Thanks for the reply.

I bought LED bulbs to replace the stock 3157 bulbs & got the wierd fast flash from the turn signals. I'm assuming it's because the stock flasher is in-compatible with the LED's. I'm thinking of replacing the stock flasher with an electronic one from the same supplier I bought the bulbs from.:duck:

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Yep, the flashers are usually made to work with a certain amount of current flowing through them. If you swapped to LEDs the current just took a massive leap down from what the incandescent bulbs would do.
You'll have to modify it somehow.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
920 Posts
This question got me thinking. The flasher is real loud in my car so I think I'll wrap the flasher to see if it can quiet it a little. :shhh:

·
Registered
86 Posts
You need to buy LEDs with a built-in resistor to emulate a traditional bulb. Don't get the cheapo ricer LEDs you find at autoparts stores. Hunt around online and you'll find plenty of places selling 'em.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
The side marker lights on the outside also light up when your 4-way flashers are on.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

dont do that........you need these Bro......

2 6ohm ones should do it
heres the link http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

·
Registered
CTS
1 Posts
Both the turn signals and hazard warning lights do not flash intermittently (Cadillac 2004 CTS). Is the turn signal flasher also the hazard warning lights flasher or are they separate parts? Is there a control module that has both turn signal and hazard warning lights functions in common?

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,803 Posts
This question got me thinking. The flasher is real loud in my car so I think I'll wrap the flasher to see if it can quiet it a little. :shhh:
Hey FastCTS- I'll take your loud flasher if you replace it with a quieter one--I'll pay postage.
I highly doubt that's going to happen.

It's been 9 years and 6 months since FastCTS posted that comment. :)

KOT

·
Registered
04 CTS 91 Aristo
446 Posts
I highly doubt that's going to happen.

It's been 9 years and 6 months since FastCTS posted that comment. :)

KOT
Sorry to raise another thread from the dead but I'm also looking for a way to make my turn signal quieter. Someone commented it sounds like a horse trotting but to me, it sounds like its bonking. Does anyone know of a way to replace the flasher unit? I see its actually a controller for DRL, turn signals, parking lights and 4-way flashers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts