Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
Hope that wasnt anyone here! Drinking and driving then running a stop sign at 60mph is generally a bad idea......

Thats why giving 17 year old kids fast cars should be against the law....

I couldnt tell if that was a V or a regular CTS.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
that moment on his life changed forever...

Thats why giving 17 year old kids fast cars should be against the law....
i got my car when i was 17... the only accident i got in was when a motorcyclist drove on the wrong side of the road & hit me ... everyone's okay.

nick, giving fast cars to IDIOTS is a bad idea

and by the way, would that have happened if he wasnt drunk?
it IS illegal to give alcohol to a minor
it IS against the law to be drunk & driving
and it IS against the law to run a stop sign
and it IS against the law to be doing 60 in an area where school buses frequently travel..

the way ur putting is like "its okay that he was drunk, okay that he ran a stop sign, okay that he was speeding, but not okay that he had a CTS at 17..." like it wouldnt have happened if he was 27?

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
that moment on his life changed forever...

i got my car when i was 17... the only accident i got in was when a motorcyclist drove on the wrong side of the road & hit me ... everyone's okay.

nick, giving fast cars to IDIOTS is a bad idea

and by the way, would that have happened if he wasnt drunk?
it IS illegal to give alcohol to a minor
it IS against the law to be drunk & driving
and it IS against the law to run a stop sign
and it IS against the law to be doing 60 in an area where school buses frequently travel..

the way ur putting is like "its okay that he was drunk, okay that he ran a stop sign, okay that he was speeding, but not okay that he had a CTS at 17..." like it wouldnt have happened if he was 27?
Tru tru! No, none of it was OK at all. All of those things caused the accident to happen more then him being only 17. But him being 17 may have contributed to him doing those things. Most adults would likely have more sense than to get drunk then run a stop sign at 60mph! I think most people in general would have more sense than that I guess! I dont know where im going here... LOL!!

A couple years ago a local rich guy decided to buy his 16 year old son a brand new viper. Within four hours of owning the car the kid wrecked at 140 mph and killed himself and one of his buddies.

Im not saying all kids make mistakes like this but I do generally feel that giving fast cars to young drivers is a BAD idea.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
there you go: stupid kills
I hope it wasn't someone from here. Wise words Kid!

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
i think its a CTS.. and unforunantely, those rims on the car look familiar

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts
17 year olds arent as experienced as drivers... My bro is 17 and he's getting his lisence soon.... Im a little nervous

Oh! What the hell was he doing Drunk at 730 am? Maybe from partying the night before I guess.... Ive gotten pretty smashed late night and still feel typsy the next morning.....lol come to think of it, I feel a little typsy now ahaha

X

·
0 Posts
It's a simple fact that when you're young you do dumb things a lot more often without thinking of the consequenses. It's why us older parents are always telling you to take care...watch out...don't do this...don't do that...not because we like being kill joys. It's because we have made the idiot moves before and would like you to not make the same ones we made. I should've died many times as a youngster. Probably could've killed a few innocent people as well. I got damn lucky. Damn lucky. It's all just fun and games then she says "I think I'm pregnant" and cold reality comes down hard. Stupid shit with cars...girls...beer runs...fireworks...drugs...you name it, kids do it. Not that kids have the lock on stupidity....We talk till we're blue in the face but noooo...you guys have it all figured out. Then BAM! Run a light and everyone's dead. What do you say? I'm sorry? I wasn't being careful and shot your son in the eye with a paintball gun...he's blind now...sorry. Life can have harsh consequenses if you choose to be reckless. I side with nick. When I was a kid I was an idiot behind the wheel. Most kids are. Some are not. Fast and reckless usually results in damage. I was lucky. 4 Kids I grew up with in Sacramento died violent deaths in 4 seperate incidents. 2 on cycles 2 in cars. The 2 on bikes were brothers. I knew thier entire family. Thier mother and father have no more children. A parents worst nightmare unfolded before me. To out live your children. They lost thier only 2 sons to the same bike within 2 months. I miss them both...Craig and Casey Granpre, I grew up with them. Raced cars with them. I bought my first good bicycle from Craig. Toilet papered the street with them. They're both dead now. Several more died in the cars but I only knew the 2.

As a father now I look back at a VERY reckless childhood which I survived only by pure stupid LUCK! Will my 3 kids survive to make it to be adults? Will 1 of them end up killing people by being an idiot? Will I live to see my nightmare unfold before my eyes... I will continue to talk till I'm blue in the face...

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
So true. Even at 24 I feel I still make some kid mistakes by being stupid. I have paid the price for some of my stupidity and it sucks. Nothing as severe as any of this stuff but still shitty consequences that I have had to deal with.

I did some VERY stupid things in my younger years. My prime was at the age of 19. Let me tell you that I am lucky Im not dead and even luckier that Im not in jail. I have had too many close calls to count.

When I was 19 or 20 one of my good friends was driving a Camaro like a maniac. He wrecked out and was killed. To make matters even worse his dad and my dad are good friends. It broke his dads heart to go through that. His younger brother looks and acts exactly like him and I have nearly called him Chad (my good friend that died) on several occasions.

Young men always think theyre invincible and always think "it wont happen to me". I used to have this problem VERY bad. After my car wreck last year my eyes have been opened. I just thank god for giving me so many chances. :worship:

·
Registered
CTS 3.6 SOLD!Now SAAB 9-3(me), CTS Wagon(mom), STS 3.6(dad)
457 Posts
i got my cts when i was 17 and ive been very responsible with it. i just think it depends on the driver and the maturity level

X

·
0 Posts
So Nick, you've seen real pain in a parents' eyes...it is a sight you will never forget seeing a parent lose a child...makes me homocidal when I think of the filth that walks this earth torturing and murdering children to get thier jollies...thinking of a little child crying and begging and pleading to go home. John Couey buried that baby girl alive. The 2 pigs he lived with, helped lie to the police about where that baby girl was and the God damn liberal filth no better than he, are in the news today whining that baby rapers shouldn't be hasseled. Don't put thier names and faces on the net, they say. I watch "to catch a predator" and wonder how a society can accept these people amongst them...This society isn't worth a piss anymore if those filthy pigs are allowed to live, let alone not be hasseled.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Luxury Sport
516 Posts
It's a simple fact that when you're young you do dumb things a lot more often without thinking of the consequenses. It's why us older parents are always telling you to take care...watch out...don't do this...don't do that...not because we like being kill joys. It's because we have made the idiot moves before and would like you to not make the same ones we made. I should've died many times as a youngster. Probably could've killed a few innocent people as well. I got damn lucky. Damn lucky. It's all just fun and games then she says "I think I'm pregnant" and cold reality comes down hard. Stupid shit with cars...girls...beer runs...fireworks...drugs...you name it, kids do it. Not that kids have the lock on stupidity....We talk till we're blue in the face but noooo...you guys have it all figured out. Then BAM! Run a light and everyone's dead. What do you say? I'm sorry? I wasn't being careful and shot your son in the eye with a paintball gun...he's blind now...sorry. Life can have harsh consequenses if you choose to be reckless. I side with nick. When I was a kid I was an idiot behind the wheel. Most kids are. Some are not. Fast and reckless usually results in damage. I was lucky. 4 Kids I grew up with in Sacramento died violent deaths in 4 seperate incidents. 2 on cycles 2 in cars. The 2 on bikes were brothers. I knew thier entire family. Thier mother and father have no more children. A parents worst nightmare unfolded before me. To out live your children. They lost thier only 2 sons to the same bike within 2 months. I miss them both...Craig and Casey Granpre, I grew up with them. Raced cars with them. I bought my first good bicycle from Craig. Toilet papered the street with them. They're both dead now. Several more died in the cars but I only knew the 2.

As a father now I look back at a VERY reckless childhood which I survived only by pure stupid LUCK! Will my 3 kids survive to make it to be adults? Will 1 of them end up killing people by being an idiot? Will I live to see my nightmare unfold before my eyes... I will continue to talk till I'm blue in the face...
Stupidity has no age limit. There are stupid young people and stupid old people in this world. I see it all day at my business.

I feel bad for the passenger who died bc his brother is a dick. I especially feel bad for the special needs kids on the bus. My wife is a special ed. teacher, and those kids have a tough enough life already. They don't need some douche bag who can't drive responsibly to endanger their lives. I got a 400 horsepower muscle car when I turned 16 and had it for 10 years while making it even faster, and I never got into an accident. Age has nothing to do with it. It's all about how you were raised. IDIOTS produce IDIOTS. The car only goes as fast as you make it go. The only good part of this news story is maybe the IDIOT driver will change his habits while living the rest of his life with guilt.:rant2:

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
I agree stupidity has no age limit. I work in the computer field and have dealt with some VERY idiotic people in my day. Kids are more prone to doing stupid things without thinking of the consequences.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
no one else thinks those rims on the CTS look familiar?

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
idk, i'm asking, i've def. seen them before... on this forum...
hopefully just a coincidence, but i'm still curious...

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts
If my brother got killed in a car I was driving, i'm not sure I could go on with life...
I was always told that God will never do something to you that you could not handle............

1 - 20 of 35 Posts