Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of the early model year '03 CTS with the CD-ROM navigation. The late model ones all have DVD. Can I get a head unit and swap, or is there something else that I need to install?

It bothers me that GM changed this halfway through the model year and I am left without the DVD. :(

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one knows the technical differences between the 2 units? Please help.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
gothicaleigh said:
I have one of the early model year '03 CTS with the CD-ROM navigation. The late model ones all have DVD. Can I get a head unit and swap, or is there something else that I need to install?

It bothers me that GM changed this halfway through the model year and I am left without the DVD. :(
I am not exactly sure what u would need for a swap. I am sure that u need the headunit and there is also a DVD navigation thing that goes in the trunk. I want to swap my cd rom nav in my dts for a dvd one but no one seems to kno anything about it. :annoyed:

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The GPS is different between the 2 units? I hope the only difference is the laser and chipset in the head...

Does anyone know what the DVD NAV head unit costs BTW? Just the headunit, not a complete upgrade... what is the price on that part?

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
I don't know whether this is possible but if any of you decide to do it, I'd be happy to purchase your CD-ROM based navigation system :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts