Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CTS:Swap CD-NAV to DVD-NAV?

1933 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Mbai2
I have one of the early model year '03 CTS with the CD-ROM navigation. The late model ones all have DVD. Can I get a head unit and swap, or is there something else that I need to install?

It bothers me that GM changed this halfway through the model year and I am left without the DVD. :(
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Yeah i totally agree i want the same thing....i wonder if you can complain that its screwing up and ask your local dealer what the cost would be to upgrade....
No one knows the technical differences between the 2 units? Please help.
gothicaleigh said:
I have one of the early model year '03 CTS with the CD-ROM navigation. The late model ones all have DVD. Can I get a head unit and swap, or is there something else that I need to install?

It bothers me that GM changed this halfway through the model year and I am left without the DVD. :(
I am not exactly sure what u would need for a swap. I am sure that u need the headunit and there is also a DVD navigation thing that goes in the trunk. I want to swap my cd rom nav in my dts for a dvd one but no one seems to kno anything about it. :annoyed:
The GPS is different between the 2 units? I hope the only difference is the laser and chipset in the head...

Does anyone know what the DVD NAV head unit costs BTW? Just the headunit, not a complete upgrade... what is the price on that part?
I don't know whether this is possible but if any of you decide to do it, I'd be happy to purchase your CD-ROM based navigation system :)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.