Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just installed my amp/subs yesterday in my 04 CTS.....I cut the wires to the stock sub and wired them up to a hi/lo converter. I also ran the remote turn on wire to the fuse box under the back seat. But for some reason the subs dont turn on unless I press an electrical button in the car or something. (ie. windows, headlights, etc) And its not the amp cuz the amp is on....so WTF??? Also which fuse did you guys wire the remote turn on to? Just curious...

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
Those line converters are only made to be used with actual speakers not stock subs

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
they are not made to function that way although some people may get lucky if you actually read the instructions on the product it says not to do that

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Some of the line convertors do not have the frequency response to pass the low signal to the amp..

If you want a remote turn on, lift up the steering wheel and tap into the brown wire (acc turn on) on the key switch.

Tap into the climate control under the rear seat. Going into the steering wheel has caused at least one car here to catch fire ;) I believe its CC2, run a search and you will find it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts