Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dash Help

Anyone know how to remove the front face to get behind the stereo?? I need to find the antenna so I can connect my sirius FM Modultaed tuner. I would hate to have to pay someone alot of money to do a simple install.
THANKS!

·
Registered
176 Posts
This car is way too easy to take apart contrary to what most people think.
First, open the ashtray, remove the little fuzzy bucket, and locate the 9/32 screw through the hole and remove it. DON'T DROP IT!
Then just pull. The center dash is in three sections, so take the top and bottom off first. There are just some clips holding the vents and ashtray/AC sections in. Just be patient and use equal force. I did it with my hands the first time because you have a litlle more control of the break threshhold. Once the vents and ashtray/AC sections are off, you will see (4) 10mm bolts holding the whole radio portion in. Get ready to crap your pants. If you have the basic am/fm/cass/cd unit, you will find only 13 total wires coming out of the back. The anteanna is easily accessable but you will need to find an adapter. No, not the typical GM adapter. Remember these cars are practically German. You will need to retro fit a VW adapter I think. The radio is manufactured by VDO/GM. There is absolutely no data on this unit or the values for the harness yet. I'm currently waiting for VDO USA to send me a copy of the entire radios build schematics. Good luck, and enjoy the sat radio, it's pretty tight.
Travis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts