Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that in the CTS that when you put the key in and turn it, it doesn't opperate in the same fashion as a normal car.

Its almost electronic. One fast turn and the car takes it from there. Older cars you had to hold it until the car turned over.

Can anyone shed some light on the difference and tell me how reliable this technology is??

·
Registered
SRX V-8 Sport Luxury
56 Posts
Hello Craig,
you are correct, these cars have an "automatic" starting sequence. All you have to do is initiate the "starting" sequence and the car's electronics will take it from there. Don't know about reliability, but with all the electronics on modern cars, it makes sence that the start up sequence would be part off all this. I guess that if the car's computer does not want, for some reason, to fire up the engine it simply won't. On older/other cars as long as you engaged the starter by holding the key the engine cranked.
Happy New Year

·
Registered
2006 CTS & 2003 Escalade
89 Posts
It is kind of freaky at first. When I got in my car the first time and turned the key, it appeared nothing happened, I released the key and the car started. I was asking myself - what just happened? Now I don't even notice it. It just starts reliably - and in some really cold weather.

As for reliability, I doubt it is much different than other electronic systems which are usually pretty reliable. Of course I would rather start electronically that have Mercedes' brake by wire. Now that would give me concern about reliability.

·
Registered
2006 SRX V8
123 Posts
It's a great feature. I just now turn the key for a second and the car starts itself. I'm not sure why they just didn't put push-button start on the car as the hardware seems to support it.

Happy New Year!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts