Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 XTS FWD Platinum
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It does have a name--Catera Touring Sedan--but Cadillac now chooses to call it by its new nickname--CTS.

Max

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
I read somewhere, I think Autoweek, where a Rep from Cadillac said it stood for C-Series Touring Sedan. I didnt really like the idea because it seemed they were taking BMW Series with MB Letters and combining the 2...STS S-Series and so on...as far as the cimmarron i love it. My mom had one when I was in high school(same car white and blue) and I drove it all the time. And although to this day nobody believes me that car was pretty quick

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
STS is Seville touring sedan, DTS is Deville touring sedan, so i would think CTS would be Catera touring sedan, since the CTS is the replacement for the catera.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
hey devillish check out this thread from a few weeks ago..i posted alink to the GM release that said it was C-Series

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=573

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
aww, that kinda sucks that they are getting rid of the names and just going with letters. Looks like we'll never see an Eldorado again, but maybe an E-series coupe :rolleyes:

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
49 Posts
I like the "just letters" name. It shows progress and modernization and the following of trends for the automotive world. It fits well with the Art & Science modern look of the New Cadillac.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
CTS=Clearly Too Small!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts