Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ve had the luck of using the Cadillac Road Sideservice. Apparently the hose connecting the airfilter box to the engine has decided to warp and not stay on. The car starts then dies..i did manage to get into my complex's parking lot, by leaving the airbox open. But im afraid to drive the 8 miles to the dealer, its not exactly warm in NJ right now. Anyone else have this experience with the 3.6L v-6?

·
Registered
2014 SRX
140 Posts
You didn't mention the year. If it's still under warranty have it towed in. Just saw the year in the upper left. If your reluctant to drive it get a flatbed.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Red Dwarf said:
You didn't mention the year. If it's still under warranty have it towed in. Just saw the year in the upper left. If your reluctant to drive it get a flatbed.
2005 cts..if they mess up the car when they tow it , then gm will pay for another blunder with this car. But thanks for the advice! Thanks god its a lease!

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Many times having an induction system leak will make the computer go crazy.
If you can't get the inlet tube to stay fastened, try to locate and disconnect the MAF (Mass Air flow) sensor.
It's right on the side of the air filter box.
The computer will sense the absence of the sensor and with an induction system leak may actually run better. The check engine light will come on, but if you don't want to have it towed to the dealer it should get you there.

Roadside should pay for towing to the dealer to get this handled, unless jiffy lube left the thing loose ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ewill3rd said:
Many times having an induction system leak will make the computer go crazy.
If you can't get the inlet tube to stay fastened, try to locate and disconnect the MAF (Mass Air flow) sensor.
It's right on the side of the air filter box.
The computer will sense the absence of the sensor and with an induction system leak may actually run better. The check engine light will come on, but if you don't want to have it towed to the dealer it should get you there.
Roadside should pay for towing to the dealer to get this handled, unless jiffy lube left the thing loose ;)
Unfortuantly i get the car serviced at Brogan Cadillac..my logic is i can afford to lease this car, why not get it serviced at the dealer...i guess my logic is flawed since this car just got its 7500 miles oil change about 2 weeks ago..add to that the service manager just quit,so well see who "helps me"..

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well they just flatbedded the car away . They came within the promised hour and the guy was thrilled that i tipped me. he took extra care pulling the car onto the bed that he deserved the tip. Considering its sunday and 30 degrees, they came on time.

Now onto the dealer!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the car back..something cracked in between the airfilter and the engine, so no air was getting in. Hence the stalling. Very happy with caddy service, the dealership was nice also. Except they diddnt wash the car (just kidding)

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Glad they got it fixed for you....

We wash every car that comes to our dealership.
As soon as I am done with it I park it in a line to go through the carwash where it is vacuumed and cleaned.
I think DC is a long drive for most of you folks though! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts