Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have some thoughts on the new CTS Sport Wagon versus the equally new SRX Crossover, price/performance comparisons or other comments?

On another note, I live in Colorado and it seems that Audi and Subarus rule the roads out here. I'm interested in buying either the CTS wagon or SRX (both available this summer) but the dealers out here don't seem very motivated. Any suggestions for a good Cadillac dealer near Boulder, CO?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium w/20" chrome
481 Posts
Anyone have some thoughts on the new CTS Sport Wagon versus the equally new SRX Crossover, price/performance comparisons or other comments?

On another note, I live in Colorado and it seems that Audi and Subarus rule the roads out here. I'm interested in buying either the CTS wagon or SRX (both available this summer) but the dealers out here don't seem very motivated. Any suggestions for a good Cadillac dealer near Boulder, CO?

Thanks!
At first we were a little perplexed over choosing the 2010 SRX or the Sport Wagon. After researching them both and actually looking at them in person at the Atlanta auto show, we definitely decided on the Sport Wagon. The lines, roof and side, and new rear design are, IMO, awesome. We really like the CTS Sedan, the Sport Wagon will give us everything the Sedan has, plus additional cargo space, wrapped up in a completely new look.

Don't feel bad about your CO. dealers. Seems like many have the same attitude. I've been to several Cadillac dealers, in different states, and most seem to be very uncaring. I had to ask almost all of them to please put my name on a list to notify me when they start receiving the new Wagon. You would think they would be the one initiating the list. Most of them just pulled out a scrap piece of paper and wrote my name down...I'll bet I never hear from them. Maybe car sales aren't as bad as we think.

Either choice will be a good one. Good Luck

·
Registered
Cadillac
738 Posts
I'm facing the same choice replacing my 04 SRX. If either had a third row seat I would buy that. I am also not sure about trailering on the wagon. I don't pull trailers much, but I've rented them a couple times to haul stuff. With my other car a CTS, I might need the trailering option. For me it will come down to options and pricing. They haven't released any info yet on either. I saw the GMC Terrain will have active noise cancelling, which should make the interior much quieter. I am certain the wagon will not have this, but the SRX might. I will have to see what other techno-goodies are available. I am disappointed the new SRX will not have MRC. I love MRC.

The other factor that is currently unkown is the engines. There haven't been any EPA estimates for the 3.0 or 2.8T. I will have to compare the performance/mileage tradeoff between the vehicles with the different motors. I am certain they are going to offer the 3.6 2-mode hybrid from the Saturn Vue in the SRX, I just wish I knew when. They were also planning the plug-in Vue for the end of next year (as a 2011 model) that could go 10 miles without using gas, and that is enough to get me to work and back, especially if I can charge at work. I'm sure that will go in the SRX too, if not be the only hybird offering next year. I wish they would release more info on that, but I know they won't for a while.

·
Registered
09 CTS 3.6 Metallic Red, 11 Subaru Outback, 04 Malibu Maxx
278 Posts
I would definitely perfer the sport wagon.....for the reasons stated above.

as far as dealerships not being motivated...I say move on....these are the dealerships that need to go away and GM needs to disassociate themselves from them immediately by no longer supplying products to them....PERIOD......wake up GM...some of your independent dealerships are KILLING you....there has to be something in the contracts you can enforce with these lousy dealerships.....

·
Registered
2009 CTS
193 Posts
I'm sure if they could, they would. State franchise laws seem to strongly favor the dealerships.

Really, the whole dealership system needs to be scrapped. The makers should have corporate owned sales centers and let the current "dealers" focus on service. The ones who give lousy service will die quickly.

I, too, wish that Cadillac offered something besides the Escalades that had a third row of seating. The wife would really like to replace the minivan with a Cadillac, but we have no interest in the Escalade.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 AWD 3.6L DI
9 Posts

Thanks!
I just got my '08 CTS4 from McCaddon Cadillac here in Boulder, CO back in January; and so far their service/parts people don't seem very knowledgeable. I would suggest trying Rickenbaugh Cadillac down in Denver.

·
Registered
Cadillac
269 Posts
This goes under the heading of salesman/dealership being the last to know about product. Took my 09 CTS in for scheduled maintenance and spoke briefly to the Salesman who sold me the car. During the conversation I asked him when the new SRX would be in. He looked at me with a blank face, then stated "we've got the SRX in stock now". I then said not the new one due out in June, again he looked at me quizically and said "uh, no not yet". He didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
I think what you are seeing is not so much indifference as much as a need to unload what's on the lot now. Most dealers are probably concerned about being around in 2010 let alone the next model release. Don't give up hope. Once the cars hit the lot, they will be all over you.

·
Registered
'95 Fleetwood Brougham and '14 ELR
212 Posts
I spoke to one of the guys in my local Caddy dealer last night. He said he just heard that sales training for the new CTS Wagon will be the end of this month. I would imagine the new SRX would be about the same time.

·
Registered
2014 Standard SrX grey/black 2006 GTO
1,795 Posts
For me, it's that the CTS wagon is rear wheel drive based on the Sigma chassis. I like being able to power out of a turn hard and that just feels better in a RWD car.
The whole reason i bought SRXs instead of first CTSs was that you got about 2" more rear legroom + some more headroom.
What does concern me about the CTS wagon is that the wheelbase is the same as the CTS sedan and that there is no more rear legroom.
The CTS is a close coupled car and I would be taking a huge step down in interior volume over the current SRX.
The 2010 SRX does not have the extra long wheelbase of the last gen so I'm guessing some rear legroom will be lost there also.
I wish caddy had kept a rwd performance oriented CUV.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts