Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you CTS owners know if the shifter assembly from the 06-07 CTS will fit in an 05 CTS? Basically, I just want to put the surround/bezel from the 06 into my 05. THX.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
i would have to say that you would have a lot to change out for that...the reason why i say this, is the 03s and 04s had basically the same everything except the engine options...although there were some 3.2L engines in 04, they were mainly 3.6L and 2.8L but they all used the exact same transmission setup and drivetrain...with the 05s they changed the tranny's and drivetrain, and i am almost positive but not 100% positive that the shift assembly is different as well...

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
i would have to say that you would have a lot to change out for that...the reason why i say this, is the 03s and 04s had basically the same everything except the engine options...although there were some 3.2L engines in 04, they were mainly 3.6L and 2.8L but they all used the exact same transmission setup and drivetrain...with the 05s they changed the tranny's and drivetrain, and i am almost positive but not 100% positive that the shift assembly is different as well...
Just to let you know, it's 06 that they changed.

When I was car shopping last year. I noticed that the 06 and 07 had a better tranny set up. What I mean is that I could "manually" change the gears by popping the shifter to the right and pop up or pop down. In the 03 to 05, you didn't have that option.

So to answer JFGutierrez03 question, I am going have to say no. Due to that one fact.

I do have a question though for those who have the 06 or 07 auto. Does your shifter knob rattle at all? Mine has since I've bought the car used. I've tried to pick it off here and there, but haven't really tried to get into it yet. I was wondering how to get it off and tighten a screw or what not.

KOT

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
Just to let you know, it's 06 that they changed.

When I was car shopping last year. I noticed that the 06 and 07 had a better tranny set up. What I mean is that I could "manually" change the gears by popping the shifter to the right and pop up or pop down. In the 03 to 05, you didn't have that option. KOT
i am not trying to disagree with you, but i am currently in the process of swapping a 3.2L to a 3.6L and the only thing compatible would be the 04 3.6L due to the changes made for the 05 CTS. has far as what you are saying as far as popping the shifter may be true about the 06, but i have verified with many Cadillac mechanics that all i mentioned in my previous post is accurate...

·
Registered
2006 CTS
55 Posts
KOT - mine was loose and the dealer was able to tighten it up with no problem, said is was a loose screw. However, I can't find the location of the screw.

·
Registered
cts
6 Posts
I fixed mine its an easy fix. Just push down the chrome piece under the shifter handle. It is tuff to get it started, you may need to use a screwdriver to wedge it down but after you do that and slide it down it will reveal the screw to tighten.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
How ironic. The day that I get an answer is the day that I fix it. LOL I finally popped the chrome piece down and saw the torx 10 set screw. You know what funny? After nearly 6 month of it ratteling, I miss it. But I'm sure I'll soon like the silence.

KOT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts