Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a CTS, however one option that I would like if I buy a base vehicle is heated seats. Is it possible to buy and install factory seat heaters with the same factory buttons in the same location and heating elements?

·
Registered
Started with '04 BR V, moved on to '09 Slvr V, now '13 CRT coupe
1,957 Posts
I'd agree with JTEOLIS, but there are some aftermarket companies that make a real nice seat heater conversion. Also make ventilation and massage units.
Check it out at: http://www.seatheater.com

I watched them at a shop put heaters into an '05 Deville the other day. They put the selector switch on the side of the seat near the power seat switches. Very clean installation.

·
Registered
340 Posts
would it be possible to rig up the seatheater.com heaters to an oem climate control unit with the stock heated seat buttons?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
The factory heated seats aren't tied into the climate control. They function from their own switches in the console. Now, if the aftermarket heaters could be wired to some factory switches . . . maybe, but probably a lot more expensive than using the aftermarket switches/wiring harness. You have to find a shop near you that does the aftermarket installation and ask if they would be willing to attempt it. $$$$$

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
If you have a remote start the stock seat heater switches do you no good because the setting doesn't stick. You can't remote start the car and have the seat heaters on from a previous setting. You have to turn the seat heaters on manually every time. The aftermarket switches would be a better deal. You could turn them on and leave them for the next remote start.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Humm, I wonder, you'd have to call and ask the manfacturer of the aftermarket heater seats if the switch is the same as the OEM switch.

The CTS's OEM switch has 3 levels I belive right? The "GM Liscenced" product from that above mentioned website comes with a 3 level setting... so i'd assume the switch setups are the same, it would be ok

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
I've seen the aftermarket heaters and the switch on the seat would probably be the best way to go as implementing the two switches on the dash may prove difficult. The STS has air cooled seats for the summer. That would be nice.:D

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
OldRoadDawg said:
The same company that makes the seat heaters also makes the seat coolers. Go for it Bob!
There you go again OldDawg. Trying to set me up as the test pig. Where is that information? Do you have a link for me? A lot of stuff needed to get forced are to the bottom of the seat. Help me get started.

·
Registered
98 Posts
With the factory heated seats, when they are turned on, a little seat icon appears in the climate control center.... not sure how you'd get that to work with an aftermarket setup....

·
Registered
07 STS-V Black Raven
160 Posts
What would be cool is to have REAR HEATED SEATS like the Hummer. But then again, who cares about the rear passengers huh?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
RobertCTS said:
There you go again OldDawg. Trying to set me up as the test pig. Where is that information? Do you have a link for me? A lot of stuff needed to get forced are to the bottom of the seat. Help me get started.
Actually Bob, I was at a shop in the Pittsburgh area about a week ago where they were installing heated seats in a Deville. I was reading through a trade magazine, Restyling, and there was an article in it about the products provided by Check Corp., the primary mfg of seat heaters. The article mentioned other accessories such as massage and cooling systems, so I asked the manager of the shop if they could do cooled seats on a CTS. He said they had never done one, but probably could. Quoted a guesstimate of $500. I would probably talk with a rep from the Check Corp. first to confirm that it was possible.
http://www.seatheater.com

·
Registered
340 Posts
Group buy? the basic setup goes for $90 a seat, maybe if someone contacts seatheaters.com they will give us a break if we get 10 or 15 purchases?

·
Registered
'04 Black CTS
52 Posts
That is a good idea. I would be interested in a group buy.

Is there any kind of sensor in the seat that lets the airbag know you are there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Even with a sensor, you should be able to install the heat pads without throwing off an airbag sensor. How easily could these be installed in a backseat as well? I would love to throw some in the back seat also.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
wani0402 said:
Even with a sensor, you should be able to install the heat pads without throwing off an airbag sensor. How easily could these be installed in a backseat as well? I would love to throw some in the back seat also.
I'm not even gonna ask you why you want a heated Rear Seat!!:lildevil:

·
Registered
340 Posts
So I got in touch with a vendor and he is going to qoute me on group buy prices for 10, 15, and 20 purchases. I requested single temp kits since the retail of the dual temp kits is over $100 more. The retail of the single temp is $179/pr. and the dual is $299/pr. We will see how much of a discount he gives us. Who is interested?

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
CTS V6 3.6 said:
So I got in touch with a vendor and he is going to qoute me on group buy prices for 10, 15, and 20 purchases. I requested single temp kits since the retail of the dual temp kits is over $100 more. The retail of the single temp is $179/pr. and the dual is $299/pr. We will see how much of a discount he gives us. Who is interested?
My brother's Lincoln LS has 3 temps. My CTS only has 2. You'll never sell a 1 temp seat. Both of my temps are to hot for me. It should be a reostat.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts