Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had my CTS for a month and a half now. Last weekend when I opened the garage, I discovered a Pool of gear oil under my rear axle. Dropped the car of on Monday, and today’s Thursday and still no parts? WTF is going on here? :thehand: I didn’t buy a Honda and don’t expect the parts to be shipped in from Japan.....

Has anyone else had a failure with a 06? Apparently when GM ordered the seal, there where 5 in stock. But the 6th (Mine) was no where to be found. This isn’t a new car (Design), and I would expect GM to at least have motor/ driveline parts available. Anyone have a number for GM Canada so I can yell at them?

I miss my CTS. After driving the Deville (Loaner) Except for the Norstar engine, it handles like grandpas car :-( (I want my CTS Back!!!!) :crybaby:

Cheers

Tomas

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
The rearend seal has failed on other CTSs. Usually Dealers can get parts in 24hrs. Are they on back order? Cadillac has taken a lot of heat over this Gertrag German differential. A number of complete failures..even on the HD CTS-V rear ends.

You need to rattle the cages at the dealership and demand some progress:mad2:

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
RobertCTS said:
You need to rattle the cages at the dealership and demand some progress:mad2:
Or a more fun loaner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Four days later I have my Caddy back. Blamed the potentioal GM Stike for the delay. Everything is good again!

Tomas

·
Registered
543 Posts
I just did an interesting comparison of the different CTS rear diff iterations. Can someone explain the huge price difference in the 3.6L vs the 3.2L.

Why is the 3.6L rear diff 50% cheaper than a 3.2L. Some cost cutting somewhere. I haven't read of as many 3.2L rear diff failures as seem to plague 3.6L owners.
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=706&chapter=DP1NL0&appSectionid=23&groupid=10047&subgroupid=60400&componentid=0&make=5&model=Cts&year=2004&graphicID=NLP060&callout=6&catalogid=1

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
darrelld said:
I just did an interesting comparison of the different CTS rear diff iterations. Can someone explain the huge price difference in the 3.6L vs the 3.2L.

Why is the 3.6L rear diff 50% cheaper than a 3.2L. Some cost cutting somewhere. I haven't read of as many 3.2L rear diff failures as seem to plague 3.6L owners.
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=706&chapter=DP1NL0&appSectionid=23&groupid=10047&subgroupid=60400&componentid=0&make=5&model=Cts&year=2004&graphicID=NLP060&callout=6&catalogid=1
Good point Darrell. I thought they were the same design. Thanks for the link too. I added it to "my favorites"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts