RobertCTS said:In the past week I've never seen so much raggin' and whining. It's like an epidemic.
If you take it to a power wash with the hand wand I bet you could fill it up with water.:thumbsup: That bezel come off real easy. you could pop a bulb and drop a couple of bugs inside.:lildevil:TripleOught said:if it's not coming apart, maybe you need to coax it's progress...then just get the painted one. when i bought my car i had no idea mine should have been grey until dubbed stealth pointed it out when i posted pics. someone (dealer maybe) put it on before i got it...not complaining, looks waaaaay ebtter.
Bozzman,BozzMan said:My CTS is a Jade Green 2003 with 3.2L auto. I bought it used for $21,000 last March. It had 16,500 miles on it then, it has 24,200 miles on it now.
things I've done to my CTS:
1) put the newer style 2005 polished 17" wheels on
2) Volant CAI
3) deck lid spoiler (added as part of purchase agreement)
4) front end protector for road trips
my issues so far:
1) interior real pillar trim (3 times)
2) cracked threshold plastic trim on drivers front door opening
3) broken glove box door latch
4) non functional CD changer (bought off of ebay)
5) low coolant level message on DIC
my pet peeves:
1) dirty carpet vertical surfaces like where my right foot rests on trans tunnel
2) weird finish on outside pillar trim between side windows
3) below average fuel economy at 18/23, exacerbated by high gas prices and 91 octane recommendation
4) torx head oil pan and oil filter drain plugs - and 2 different sizes at that!
5) crappy one 1 ohm speakers that cannot be easily swapped out
things I love about the car:
3) it's a Cadillac
4) some of the best looking 17" OEM wheels on any car
5) very nice / comfortable interior
options / things I wish I had:
1) dual exhaust
2) 3.6L engine
3) manual transmission
4) better stereo and 6 disc changer
5) painted front grille & rear bezel
7) seat with memory
8) exact same wheels but 18"
9) keys like the STS
10) white diamond paint
All that said, I really like and enjoy my CTS!
Ya know Bob, I'm noticing mine starting to fray also. Not sure if it is from my arm rubbing it when getting in and out, or possibly the seatbelt buckle slapping it.RobertCTS said:Bozzman,
I've noticed the driver's side pillar on my car is starting to fray just a bit. It's because it's a rub point when you enter the car. I'll have to keep an eye on it so I can have it replaced under warranty.
Don't we have "bumper to bumper" coverage under warranty?OldRoadDawg said:Ya know Bob, I'm noticing mine starting to fray also. Not sure if it is from my arm rubbing it when getting in and out, or possibly the seatbelt buckle slapping it.
I'm also wondering if this is something that would be replaced under warranty or if they will just tell you it is normal wear & tear.
Crap Boston, then your car will look like wallpaper. Very boring and like all the rest of the CTS. Us Car enthusiasts alway need a "fix" and to make changes. If your CTS is just a ride I'd think this Forum would be boring. I can't wait for somebody come up with something new.:bouncy:Boston.CTS said:it never ends , the trick is dont start