Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CTS Rants & Raves (after 6 months)

1664 Views 14 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  RobertCTS
My CTS is a Jade Green 2003 with 3.2L auto. I bought it used for $21,000 last March. It had 16,500 miles on it then, it has 24,200 miles on it now.

things I've done to my CTS:
1) put the newer style 2005 polished 17" wheels on
2) Volant CAI
3) deck lid spoiler (added as part of purchase agreement)
4) front end protector for road trips

my issues so far:
1) interior real pillar trim (3 times)
2) cracked threshold plastic trim on drivers front door opening
3) broken glove box door latch
4) non functional CD changer (bought off of ebay)
5) low coolant level message on DIC

my pet peeves:
1) dirty carpet vertical surfaces like where my right foot rests on trans tunnel
2) weird finish on outside pillar trim between side windows
3) below average fuel economy at 18/23, exacerbated by high gas prices and 91 octane recommendation
4) torx head oil pan and oil filter drain plugs - and 2 different sizes at that!
5) crappy one 1 ohm speakers that cannot be easily swapped out

things I love about the car:
1) styling
2) performance
3) it's a Cadillac
4) some of the best looking 17" OEM wheels on any car
5) very nice / comfortable interior

options / things I wish I had:
1) dual exhaust
2) 3.6L engine
3) manual transmission
4) better stereo and 6 disc changer
5) painted front grille & rear bezel
6) homelink
7) seat with memory
8) exact same wheels but 18"
9) keys like the STS
10) white diamond paint

All that said, I really like and enjoy my CTS!
See less See more
Reactions: 1
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Well maybe if you join us at the Ohio Meet you'll enjoy finer moments with happy CTS owners Bozzman.

In the past week I've never seen so much raggin' and whining. It's like an epidemic. I'm glad I'm not affected! I loved my CTS:thumbsup:
You can get the rear bezel replaced under warranty if it's coming apart. I just got mine on monday. They swapped it with a painted one. :D
if it's not coming apart, maybe you need to coax it's progress...then just get the painted one. when i bought my car i had no idea mine should have been grey until dubbed stealth pointed it out when i posted pics. someone (dealer maybe) put it on before i got it...not complaining, looks waaaaay ebtter.
Bottomline: find something wrong with the bezel and take it back. ;)
RobertCTS said:
In the past week I've never seen so much raggin' and whining. It's like an epidemic.

All these threads about how bad or good the CTS is cracks me up. It's funny how a thread was started to defend the "good" CTS reports versus the "bad" CTS reports. :histeric:
TripleOught said:
if it's not coming apart, maybe you need to coax it's progress...then just get the painted one. when i bought my car i had no idea mine should have been grey until dubbed stealth pointed it out when i posted pics. someone (dealer maybe) put it on before i got it...not complaining, looks waaaaay ebtter.
If you take it to a power wash with the hand wand I bet you could fill it up with water.:thumbsup: That bezel come off real easy. you could pop a bulb and drop a couple of bugs inside.:lildevil:
BozzMan said:
My CTS is a Jade Green 2003 with 3.2L auto. I bought it used for $21,000 last March. It had 16,500 miles on it then, it has 24,200 miles on it now.

things I've done to my CTS:
1) put the newer style 2005 polished 17" wheels on
2) Volant CAI
3) deck lid spoiler (added as part of purchase agreement)
4) front end protector for road trips

my issues so far:
1) interior real pillar trim (3 times)
2) cracked threshold plastic trim on drivers front door opening
3) broken glove box door latch
4) non functional CD changer (bought off of ebay)
5) low coolant level message on DIC

my pet peeves:
1) dirty carpet vertical surfaces like where my right foot rests on trans tunnel
2) weird finish on outside pillar trim between side windows
3) below average fuel economy at 18/23, exacerbated by high gas prices and 91 octane recommendation
4) torx head oil pan and oil filter drain plugs - and 2 different sizes at that!
5) crappy one 1 ohm speakers that cannot be easily swapped out

things I love about the car:
1) styling
2) performance
3) it's a Cadillac
4) some of the best looking 17" OEM wheels on any car
5) very nice / comfortable interior

options / things I wish I had:
1) dual exhaust
2) 3.6L engine
3) manual transmission
4) better stereo and 6 disc changer
5) painted front grille & rear bezel
6) homelink
7) seat with memory
8) exact same wheels but 18"
9) keys like the STS
10) white diamond paint

All that said, I really like and enjoy my CTS!
Bozzman,
Still waiting to hear if you will be attending our Ohio Meet October 1st?
Bob
Bozzman,
I've noticed the driver's side pillar on my car is starting to fray just a bit. It's because it's a rub point when you enter the car. I'll have to keep an eye on it so I can have it replaced under warranty.
IIRC the Jade Green is the rare color (there were 2 greens in 03), *I THINK* there were only 200 made in Jade green.

The speakers can all be swapped out I'm pretty sure.

Enjoy your new wheels.
RobertCTS said:
Bozzman,
I've noticed the driver's side pillar on my car is starting to fray just a bit. It's because it's a rub point when you enter the car. I'll have to keep an eye on it so I can have it replaced under warranty.
Ya know Bob, I'm noticing mine starting to fray also. Not sure if it is from my arm rubbing it when getting in and out, or possibly the seatbelt buckle slapping it.
I'm also wondering if this is something that would be replaced under warranty or if they will just tell you it is normal wear & tear.
OldRoadDawg said:
Ya know Bob, I'm noticing mine starting to fray also. Not sure if it is from my arm rubbing it when getting in and out, or possibly the seatbelt buckle slapping it.
I'm also wondering if this is something that would be replaced under warranty or if they will just tell you it is normal wear & tear.
Don't we have "bumper to bumper" coverage under warranty?
Boston.CTS said:
it never ends , the trick is dont start
Crap Boston, then your car will look like wallpaper. Very boring and like all the rest of the CTS. Us Car enthusiasts alway need a "fix" and to make changes. If your CTS is just a ride I'd think this Forum would be boring. I can't wait for somebody come up with something new.:bouncy:
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.