Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Re: Cts Pigs????

Yup, saw this a few years back driving around the dream cruise. The Bloomfield, MI PD had a V donated to them along with a Corvette from GM. Both were made into police "cruisers." I wouldn't mind getting pulled over by either one.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts

That's what we need in SoCal...Not that it would cut down on the car chases....just that they would be way way way shorter:D

·
Registered
86 Posts

wow. thats sweeeeeeeeeeet. other then the fact its a police car..... would think twice about running from that while riding the motorcycle. haha

·
Registered
63 Posts

I'm guessing that's a car that's been forfeited by its owner for some reason (like drug possesion). I've seen Corvette cop cars for that same reason.

- Mark

·
Registered
531 Posts

I dunno..Some cars get donated for projects...A Mazda dealer donated a 90 Mazda Miata w/hardtop painted in Full Fla. Hwy Patrol colors and full gear. They used the car at highschools and middel schools for drunk diving awareness and other things. They still show the car today.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts

05CTS, I'm going to ask for the title to be edited. You are not a newbie, and should know better.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Sorry to offend you. I didn't think anyone would take it to heart. Just a little sense of humor. I can't edit it so you'll have to see the mods about it.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Pigs is just regular slang for cops/police. Can we get over all these f***ing technicalities already?!?!?! It's like some of you go about reading every thread and post to see if there is any possible way you could be offended by any of the words within. I wouldn't have even noticed, and neither would most of the people on here. Unless it's highly racial or extremely controversial, why make such a damn fuss????

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
So it's OK as long as it is not racial? Sure, go and call an officer pig in his face. Then come back and let us know if he considered it "regular slang".

I don't like the whole PC concept, and the title did not offend me, but respect to others (and there are several officers amongst our members) is essential.

It may surprise you, but other people notice and complain about it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
There seems to be a simple few members that are offended by such silly words. I remember one last week where a member accidentally wrote 'Jap Cars' instead of Japanese cars. Neither Jap, nor Pig harmful or offensive when simply written like they were. They are offensive when written in some sort of derogatory contexts, then people have the right to bitch. You didn't have any reason to bitch, neither did the person last week who freaked out about writing 'Jap cars'. I'm Jewish, and I really don't care if someone refers to that as being a Jew. Not many Jewish people find the word Jew offensive unless used in and offensive manner.
To simply put it; Many of these forms are 'quick text' ways of writing a longer word. NONE of these were examples of degradation, or racism. They aren't considered to be the least bit controversial in the text which they were written. SO QUIT BITCHING ABOUT STUPID SHIT UNTIL YOU REALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO BITCH ABOUT>>>> Stick to the topic of the thread unless you feel you were being directly attacked by the person who wrote them; use common law sense; if it wouldn't stand up in the court of law, then quit your bitching.

Bottom line- Don't twist around stupid technicalities that are totally off topic. A few of you really take pride in putting words in peoples mouths. STFU unless there is something important, or on topic to be said!

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haute_heir said:
There seems to be a simple few members that are offended by such silly words. I remember one last week where a member accidentally wrote 'Jap Cars' instead of Japanese cars. Neither Jap, nor Pig harmful or offensive when simply written like they were. They are offensive when written in some sort of derogatory contexts, then people have the right to bitch. You didn't have any reason to bitch, neither did the person last week who freaked out about writing 'Jap cars'. I'm Jewish, and I really don't care if someone refers to that as being a Jew. Not many Jewish people find the word Jew offensive unless used in and offensive manner.
To simply put it; Many of these forms are 'quick text' ways of writing a longer word. NONE of these were examples of degradation, or racism. They aren't considered to be the least bit controversial in the text which they were written. SO QUIT BITCHING ABOUT STUPID SHIT UNTIL YOU REALLY HAVE SOMETHING TO BITCH ABOUT>>>> Stick to the topic of the thread unless you feel you were being directly attacked by the person who wrote them; use common law sense; if it wouldn't stand up in the court of law, then quit your bitching.

Bottom line- Don't twist around stupid technicalities that are totally off topic. A few of you really take pride in putting words in peoples mouths. STFU unless there is something important, or on topic to be said!

·
Cadillac Maniac
13,753 Posts
User Agreement

The rules listed below are here to make the forums easier to use and more conductive to friendly discussion. Violation of the rules below may result in points being taken from your user account but may also be grounds for immediate removal of posting rights:

Respect both forum moderators and administrators.

Post in a manner that promotes good will in the community.

D148L0 wasn't "bitching". He received a complaint and did the right thing - had the topic title changed. Relax.member.php?u=8274

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Haute hair, 05CTS:

I can only imagine what kind of enviroment you have to live in to find your posture "normal". The way you express yourselves gives a pretty good idea, though.
I'm sorry for you, but that is no excuse to disrespect other people.

Be sure I'll keep an eye on you.

Thanks for posting the rules, Sal.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
D148L0 said:
Haute hair, 05CTS:

I can only imagine what kind of enviroment you have to live in to find your posture "normal". The way you express yourselves gives a pretty good idea, though.
I'm sorry for you, but that is no excuse to disrespect other people.

Be sure I'll keep an eye on you.

Thanks for posting the rules, Sal.
So personal attacks on members are ok, from a forum moderator, but if a member generalizes a topic it's not. This is ludicris.

Who the hell are you to critize me and how I live and what I think is normal or not. I have called a cop a pig in the past and yes it was to his face. If I get disrespected you better believe I'll throw it right back at you. By this ignorant statement "I can only imagine what kind of enviroment you have to live in to find your posture "normal". The way you express yourselves gives a pretty good idea, though." that you made shows the kind of person and neighborhood you came from. How dare you insult my family and how they raised me. Come to Tampa and I'll show you my neighborhood. You have a lot of nerve. You should have dropped it a long time ago. I guess being higher up on the forum gives you a big head and makes you think you can talk and disrepect others.

Maybe you should read the rules again. Here they are again
User Agreement

The rules listed below are here to make the forums easier to use and more conductive to friendly discussion. Violation of the rules below may result in points being taken from your user account but may also be grounds for immediate removal of posting rights:

Respect both forum moderators and administrators.

Post in a manner that promotes good will in the community.

By you coming at me personally how you "making this a friendly discussion. Are we supposed to give you respect when we get non. I did appologize in a previous thread. Again here it is, just in case you missed it.

Sorry to offend you. I didn't think anyone would take it to heart. Just a little sense of humor. I can't edit it so you'll have to see the mods about it.

To everyone else, I'm sorry if the word "PIG" offended you. It was a joke. Kind of like this moderator.

Sal should of closed this thread when he posted. Now I'm going to get kicked off b/c you had to throw your 2 cents in and try to belittle me. And if I don't, watch m with both eyes b/c I probably know more about cars and suspension than you'll ever dream of.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
16 Replies
10 Participants
Lord Cadillac