Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6L. I was thinking of doing a few things to it to step up the performance. Any suggestions? Performance chip? Air intake?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,441 Posts
Plenty of cutesy aftermarket stuff out there to spend money on - but make sure you don't void the bumper-to-bumper or powertrain warranty - with a 3.6 engine you WILL need it, maybe several times during the warranty life - a "chip" or "tune" will void that warranty, and if the car goes to a dealership for some sort of diagnosis an aftermarket HAI might get you in more hot water, too. (The factory CAI flows far more air than the engine can ever use at WOT redline shift.)

HAI ??? Spend $70 on an UltraGauge. Hook it up to the car's diagnostic port and set it to monitor IAT (Intake Air temperature) along with a few other engine operating conditions. Get a feel for what IAT actually looks like under all driving conditions - you WILL be amazed at the variation. Now spend the small fortune for an aftermarket HAI and do the same temperature comparisons. You may be unpleasantly surprised........... and more intake noise is power, right ?

·
Registered
CTS
1,882 Posts
Send it here and we will single or twin turbo it so you can spank most V8's and still get 25-28 MPG highway.

·
Vendor
ATS 2.0T gone, 17 Charger Scat Pack current
1,179 Posts
One of our tunes will offer a very nice step up in overall vehicle performance without costing too much.

Despite the 'facts' that have been posted in this thread, our tune is NOT detectable by the dealer, and will NOT void your warranty in any way. :)

let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

·
Registered
2015 CTS Luxury 2.0T AWD
5 Posts
One of our tunes will offer a very nice step up in overall vehicle performance without costing too much.

Despite the 'facts' that have been posted in this thread, our tune is NOT detectable by the dealer, and will NOT void your warranty in any way. :)

Thanks
Hmm this is the first whiff of tune detections I'm hearing about on this forum. Looking forward to hearing some actual stories from folks that need warranty service after installing Diablo!

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts

That's a pretty ballsy claim. At the minimum, ANY tune is detectable by looking at the code tables. That's probably more work than a dealer is willing to do, but depending on their commitment to denying the warranty claim, maybe they would.

If the tune is detected, and warranty denied, will Diablo cover the repairs?

·
Registered
cts
9 Posts
Plenty of cutesy aftermarket stuff out there to spend money on - but make sure you don't void the bumper-to-bumper or powertrain warranty - with a 3.6 engine you WILL need it, maybe several times during the warranty life - a "chip" or "tune" will void that warranty, and if the car goes to a dealership for some sort of diagnosis an aftermarket HAI might get you in more hot water, too. (The factory CAI flows far more air than the engine can ever use at WOT redline shift.)

HAI ??? Spend $70 on an UltraGauge. Hook it up to the car's diagnostic port and set it to monitor IAT (Intake Air temperature) along with a few other engine operating conditions. Get a feel for what IAT actually looks like under all driving conditions - you WILL be amazed at the variation. Now spend the small fortune for an aftermarket HAI and do the same temperature comparisons. You may be unpleasantly surprised........... and more intake noise is power, right ?
Quite a quote, Submariner. sad, but in line with what I´ve found our so far.

My old and superb looking 2011 CTS, with D3 K&N, Magnaflow exhaust, 20" rims+springs, not only rides very well, I love the purring and the looks. I gave her to my wife and am feeling repented.

However, my just arrived 2016 CTS is a nice car. Given Submariner comments, no need for K&N, and I´ve seen the exhaust... soo custom, that it is unlikely someone will produce an aftermarket (or a better) exhaust. And I concede that there in not much to get out of Diablo Tuning.

So it seems late technology overwhelms us enthusiasts that like to personalize cars :crybaby: you may be right, Submariner and noise is not equal to more power, but I miss it very much. Miss the fun to have a different car form the rest.

Gonzalo (Mexico)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts