Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2008 SRX4 N* with everything including sport appearance package. It has 108k miles and they are asking $16k. It's clean as hell and want to know what owners think of these. I'm pretty sure it has MRC as well, it has the different front bumper cover, mesh grille, factory HID, factory navigation, factory 20" chrome wheels (split 7 spoke), third row, and panoramic moonroof. What I want to know is how reliable they are and MPG, I already know it won't be anything close to the 32 MPG my CTS gets.

·
Registered
2011 CTS V, 2007 SRX V8, 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2000 STS, 1999 STS
393 Posts
I think you will love the SUV. We have an 05 CTS and just purchased an 07 N* SRX and it is great! We paid 13K, but it did not have MRC, sport appearance, or nav. I would think there should be some negotiating on that price. We are getting about 18 MPG combined with a bit more highway than city driving. The V8 is very reliable with all the improvements that have been done to it over the years, though it still may leak some oil after 9 years in service. Do not forget the cost of replacing the MRC shocks...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm well aware of the cost of the MRC shocks :). My CTS has the nivomats that aren't cheap either. As far as cost of maintenance I'm not to worried because I'm an auto tech by trade so I don't pay labor. I just wanted to know as far as upkeep compared to my CTS.

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,164 Posts
Why is it only $16K??? It should be more like $23K. Does it have high mileage? Any accidents? If it is not in great shape I would stay away at this price.

·
Registered
04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4
223 Posts
Test out every and any feature, all buttons, etc. If something doesn't work ma=ke them fix it or use it to drive the price down.

12,821 Posts
Jran0823, it's great that you're considering a SRX! I see the community has already begun chiming in with the opinions you're seeking, and please let me know if you would like me to research any vehicle questions further for you. I'm available via email at [email protected]!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320
2,623 Posts
I don't think you could get MRC with the 20's so I don't think it does.

Wheels are polished not chrome.

You will like it, go for it.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly I would be happy without MRC. It has everything I want though. I'm going to take it for a test drive. As far as any issues I'm not worried because its from the same Cadillac dealership I bought my CTS from, and they stood behind it when I had all the issues with my power steering (7 racks only to find out it was the pump that was blowing the end seals on the rack).

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just test drove an loved it. No MRC, FE1 suspension and service records with no accidents.

·
Registered
73 Posts
jran0823 said:
Just test drove an loved it. No MRC, FE1 suspension and service records with no accidents.
I've got the exact same year and features in black. 55k miles. Love this vehicle!

Been driving for approx 8 months and it hasn't costume a penny besides drivetrain fluids, windshield wipers, and one turn signal bulb.

I get slightly better than posted mpg numbers in the summer, and slightly worse in the recent cold months. 92 Octane shell gas only.

·
Registered
2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320
2,623 Posts
Now ship off your ECU to www.westersgarage.com and get even more out of it for less, really made my 09 feel more like my preflash 04, drives much better now with no flat spot in the low rev range.

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,164 Posts
I supposed the mileage is higher for a 2008, might account for the price being so low.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It has a long list of service records, so the mileage doesn't scare me. It is also raven black with black leather. Only that hasn't been done is plugs, but both coils have been replaced. Only issue I found was water in the jack storage. Dealer is fixing is though. Started paperwork so we'll see. They also replaced the RR taillight assembly and the turn signal still doesn't work so we'll see what comes of it.

·
Registered
2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe
2,005 Posts
It has a long list of service records, so the mileage doesn't scare me. It is also raven black with black leather. Only that hasn't been done is plugs, but both coils have been replaced. Only issue I found was water in the jack storage. Dealer is fixing is though. Started paperwork so we'll see. They also replaced the RR taillight assembly and the turn signal still doesn't work so we'll see what comes of it.
With 108K miles on a 5.5 year old vehicle, you can be fairly certain the miles were mostly highway miles, easier miles. You have the service records, it was taken care of. Lake Cadillac (and jack r&r) is easily/quickly fixable by a knowledgeable dealership. The ignition system work goes with the mileage territory (routine maintenance). Black is stunning. Finally, I think the price is right. If the SRX has not been popped, GO FOR IT!!!!!!

PJ

1 - 20 of 28 Posts