Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2000 DTS
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
I have a loaded 2000 all Black DTS with 94,000 miles.
Had all cams & injection software replaced at 3000 miles because of bad miss at idle. Drivers seat heater failed 3 times and Cadillac leather shop messed up the leather connections below seat belt tunnel. Lost two power windows drivers within one week of each other at 80,000 miles.

Pretty car. great performance but Cadillac is losing me.

Who is very happy with their CTS with 50,000+ miles?

Why shouldn't I buy the Lexus ES350

Thanks for any input
Tom Richards

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
ES350 hands down.

My Aunt has a 2004 ES330 with 102,000 miles (she is in sales), and the only thing she has changed are the fluids, brakes, & tires... can't beat that!

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6L VVT
32 Posts
I ahve 64856 on my 2004 CTS 3.6 and no signs of slowing down. Stick with the Cadillac and give the CTS a shot.

·
Registered
'06 CTS, '05 CTS, '04 SRX (V-8)
165 Posts
Enjoy driving like a grandpa for the rest of your life, becasue the E350 is as docile as a ginea pig. Not to mention its FWD. Battle it out for a month and wait for the new CTS. IF you are concerned with winter it can come with AWD. The E350 is a rebadged camry thats the way I look at it, and anyone that knows cars is going to see the same thing.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
This gentleman is coming from a FWD Cadillac.. and obviously he is looking for good reliability, which is why the Lexus would fit his bill nicely IMO...

If anything, he should be comparing it to a new DTS..

·
Registered
Cadillac
13 Posts
The 07 ES 350s have been plagued with various problems such as cold engine clatter, transmission flares and excessive freeway wind noise.

Lexus has yet to fully address these issues even though the 07s have been on the market now for nearly a year and a half. Lexus has had to buy back lots of these cars under lemon laws and have lost several of their former customers to other makes.

I was leaning towards one myself but the 08 CTS is most likely what will end up in my garage now.

You can view owners issues at www.clublexus.com

Pat

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
I wouldn't be caught dead driving anything not domestic.

Then again, when I was on vacation in Florida, I saw some ex-Air Force guy driving around a Bugatti Veyron. He let us look inside and everything. New respect for Volkswagen after that rare encounter.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Hi Tom,

Personally, I can completely understand why you're second-guessing Cadillac about now.. I too owned a 2000 Cadillac DeVille DTS - for a very short time. It was a hot looking car, but the build quality was terrible. Even embarassaing at times. So I know exactly where you're coming from.

If you search around this site, you'll find that I'm a BIG fan of Lexus. I have a Lot of respect for them and what they've done. However, I'm noticing a sort of 'relaxing' at Lexus lately. There are many more problems and issues with their vehicles than usual.

I do like the Lexus ES350 - a lot! It's a great luxury car that shouldn't even be called "entry-level". But I also have to say that things have changed at Cadillac since your 2000 DTS. Big time.. Quality is up as well as reliability. Before you run to Lexus - give Cadillac one more try. I have a feeling you won't be sorry. Whether you wait for the new 2008 CTS coming in a month or so, or you get a GREAT deal on a 2007 CTS.. They're both high quality vehicles that I'm sure you'll enjoy...

There's always time for the Lexus later on in life. But after you personally spend some time with a new Cadillac, you may never feel the need to go astray. :)

Hello All
Had all cams & injection software replaced at 3000 miles because of bad miss at idle. Drivers seat heater failed 3 times and Cadillac leather shop messed up the leather connections below seat belt tunnel. Lost two power windows drivers within one week of each other at 80,000 miles.

Thanks for any input
Tom Richards

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Isn't a CTS a downgrade from a DTS?

Is there a reason why you want a smaller car?

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
I have to say, This is my first time owning an American car and im a little scared. I always had a Jap car (Honda, Toyota) and I never had one thing wrong with them. Lasted me for years. But this time I wanted to do something different so I went with the 07 CTS. Now I only had it for 3 months and it only has 2000 miles. So far the 3rd break light is already out. but that's ok, being the car is at the end of the 07 year for a car. so who knows how long the cars been sitting before I gotten it. But I do wonder a lot if its going to hold up well as did my other cars. but as long as im happy with it and I take great care I think it will last me a long time also. The first time for anything is always thrill I guess. So I say stick with the Cadillac and be a true American!! :usflag:

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
Isn't a CTS a downgrade from a DTS?

Is there a reason why you want a smaller car?

And to think I used to like you!! HAHAHA Just playin bro.

I must say that every time I see a Camry, I mean Lixass, I laugh. I dont know what model it is but it looks just like a camry. Thats like buying a Cimmaron if you ask me!

Lexus does make some fine cars. Just make sure you dont get the one that looks like the Camry!

Now, Sal is right on the money. Cadillac has come a LONG way since 2000. I really think the turn around started when the first CTS was introduced. I have put about 20k on my CTS since April of 06. I have had a couple problems but all were covered under warranty. I had a failed diff, and a bad sprocket in the engine. Those are the two biggest things that have happened. Other than that, it has been almost trouble free. I have 58k miles on it now and it gets ran HARD. It is holding up great and is a blast to drive. I get this big dumb shit eating grin everytime I get in her.

Another thing about the CTS is that its a head turner. My score ratio has been through the roof since I got this car and Im not even that attractive! LOL!! I love sitting at stop lights and counting how many people mean mug my car as they drive by.

Get the CTS. You wont be disappointed! :highfive:

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
And to think I used to like you!! HAHAHA Just playin bro.
Don't get me wrong, I am all about Cadillac and my next Cadillac is going to be a CTS-V .. I was just curious why this gentleman wants to go from a DTS to a CTS or ES350. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Lexus=nice=refined=boring

between my two bosses, I have driven 5 of them. and they are all about as fun to drive as a radio flyer wagon.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Just a side note.. Since probably 90% or more people are actually NOT driving "enthusiasts", Lexus makes the perfect car. They came into the game wowing over 90% of the car buying market. They may be boring, but they sure aren't stupid...

B

·
0 Posts
Hello All

Thanks for any input
Tom Richards
That's a no brainer. Get the Lexus. I'm selling my CTS to get either a Lexus or Acura. No more American cars for me. If you are used to a DTS, you won't like how a CTS rides. Maybe the 08 CTS will be better.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Just a side note.. Since probably 90% or more people are actually NOT driving "enthusiasts", Lexus makes the perfect car. They came into the game wowing over 90% of the car buying market. They may be boring, but they sure aren't stupid...
I agree. Except it is probably more like 98%.

Now that Toyota is on top of the game, and recalls seem to be their standard operating procedure, I wonder how long before that apathy finds its way to Lexus.

X

·
0 Posts
I have 49,000 on mine. What is the threshold for shit going wrong on them? I've had no issues other than warping all 4 rotors the first week. Most cadillac dealrships I've dealt with have SUCKED! Outright. The one here in Casper has been quite good though...Big Wyoming. I'll always give credit when credit is due.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts