Registered
soon to be CTS-V
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
Damage, Ebay, salvage title; three strikes and you're out. They're liers. It doesn't have NAV. You'd have to be out of your mind to go for this deal.

·
Registered
Cadillac
21 Posts
i'd be real nervous,it's over the 50 k warrenty time too, another thing to consider, and like dkozloski said, it doesn't have NAV so how many other things are they saying that are incorrect.

i got a 04 cts on ebay but it was from a lexus dealer in Mich for around 19,000 (w/ less than 30k miles)
the pictures that they had on ebay actually showed it for sale in the front of their lot, so i figured a Lexus dealer wouldn't put a junker out front. Carfax only showed good things (routine service and registration) but i was still really nervous buying a car unseen, everything turned out great but i'm sure others have had the opposite experience.

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
It actually has the luxury interior. And look at those rear seat touchscreens!

For $12,000, it probably isn't that bad of a deal.
You would definitely have to see it in person though. Since you live in CA, it's in AZ.. so not that far.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
You NEVER want to buy a car unless you can get yours hands on it to inspect it. Too many rip offs. GM has likely branded the title as 'no warranty.' Manufact block warranties regularly, as they have some kind of a direct pipeline to ins companies. One way of lowering cost to manufact.

·
Registered
soon to be CTS-V
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'd be real nervous,it's over the 50 k warrenty time too, another thing to consider, and like dkozloski said, it doesn't have NAV so how many other things are they saying that are incorrect.

i got a 04 cts on ebay but it was from a lexus dealer in Mich for around 19,000 (w/ less than 30k miles)
the pictures that they had on ebay actually showed it for sale in the front of their lot, so i figured a Lexus dealer wouldn't put a junker out front. Carfax only showed good things (routine service and registration) but i was still really nervous buying a car unseen, everything turned out great but i'm sure others have had the opposite experience.

Yea I've been quite wary of all the deals that sound too good to be true or true sketch to be true. Trying to keep my desires to have a new caddy in the driveway at bay, haha.

Yuma is about 4 hours drive for me to check this out. Close enough for a great steal, but long enough for a long disappointed drive home...Do you think it's worth it having an inspection done by SGS or a like organization?

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
It actually has the luxury interior. And look at those rear seat touchscreens!

For $12,000, it probably isn't that bad of a deal.
You would definitely have to see it in person though. Since you live in CA, it's in AZ.. so not that far.
look at the steering wheels... cruise control!!! i have to have cruise control:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts