Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience changing the oil on a CTS? It looks like GM wants to make it as unappealing as possible for owners to do it themselves. What's the torx fitting on the oil filter housing for? Do you need to loosen it to drain the oil first or can you just put a wrench on the hex fitting and unscrew the housing cover? Any other tips? What's a good web source for the cartridges?
Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
ATS AWD Luxury Turbo
150 Posts
It's really not that bad. It's a standard torx size, and not hard to get off. It's actually not as messy as the average spin on application. The new carts come with a new "o" ring. Forget finding the filters locally, except at the dealer.

I got mine at gmpartsdirect.com They are ACDelco and carry 2 part numbers: PF2256G and 88894390. They were $7.35 each. That reminds me - I'm due for a change!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Where is the OIL Filter in a 2004 CTS?

Kwagner said:
Where is the OIL Filter in a 2004 CTS?
If it's anything like the 2003, the oil filter is in a housingtoward the left rear of the engine, oriented straight down. The cover of the housing looks like a spin on filter, color silver gray, and has a torx drain plug in the center. Don't know how much has changed from the 3.2 to the 3.6.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts