Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got my cadillac cts 03 and i would like to know if i put a dvd touchscreen in the front or any radio than i will lost my carputer i mean the oil information etc....

·
Registered
2009 3.6DI radiant CTS fully loaded
577 Posts
I also wonder about that issue... Good question. I want to install the Clarion MAX667VD.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That mean any pro installation on my cts 03 of a dvd touchscreen it's possible to keep on the carputer...the oil information..outside weather.ect...?????????

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
its worth it man. i lost my mpg, etc. but it still tells me the time & temp outside. plus it tells everywhere i go while i listen to sirius radio.

i got a kenwood DNX7100 dvd/navigation 7" screen in mine. about $1800 installed...

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
it all matters if you really want the DIC. to me, if you keep the DIC it looks like SHIT. i never used it anyway, and to me looks are more important. the knobs & all the other radio buttons don't even work anymore, so it looks ridiculous.

if you just put in a double din w/ a dash kit it looks way cleaner.

but thats just the way i do my thing...
nope, its fully functional even the buttons on the steering wheel. hey bro i got to ask you, ii am planning on getting a z2 sometime in the next few months and was wondering if you think it looks to plain?

·
Registered
Cadillac 09 CTS-V Crystal Red Tintcoat
284 Posts
it all matters if you really want the DIC. to me, if you keep the DIC it looks like SHIT. i never used it anyway, and to me looks are more important. the knobs & all the other radio buttons don't even work anymore, so it looks ridiculous.

I haven't had anything but compliments on the OEM look of my setup and I didn't lose a single thing from the DIC. I would never give up all the DIC info.
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/aftermarketradiodic/index.html

·
Registered
2009 3.6DI radiant CTS fully loaded
577 Posts

Wait, if you took off the DIC how does the car tells you to "change oil" "check washer fluid" etc.
Oh. and please tell me where you got that dash kit from!!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
any video or gps on the dash we need to keep the dic for sure for many reason
pills11.com ;))

·
Registered
821 Posts
Wait, if you took off the DIC how does the car tells you to "change oil" "check washer fluid" etc.
Oh. and please tell me where you got that dash kit from!!!
i go get my car serviced every 3 months regardless. and the dealer checks all that shit for me. and you know how many cars don't even have a DIC...

i got my dash kit at the shop that installed my the stereo. i've seen them on ebay & even circuit city has them.

also my steering wheel knob works, but i had to buy some kind of kit thing for like $60 to make it work. i don't know but the stereo shop did it for me.

and if i really, really needed to keep the DIC i would just get a stock navigation. it looks way cleaner than having all them useless knobs & buttons. and having to cut up the dash...

·
Registered
821 Posts
nope, its fully functional even the buttons on the steering wheel. hey bro i got to ask you, ii am planning on getting a z2 sometime in the next few months and was wondering if you think it looks to plain?
are you talking about a bmw z2? they are ok, i guess. i'm sure they're nice (maybe a little bit of a chick car). its just not my thing. i like 4-door sedans, with big rims...

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Damn....someone likes to talk trash about others accomplishments.....I think with the DIC kept it looks alot better than without.....I would have had a whole face plate custom made with no buttons and kept the DIC, but changed out the red lights in it to a blue so it matched....but who is to say he doesnt have all that planned? One step at a time....I think its awesome he was able to do it....The DIC serves alot of different functions and is IMO pretty stupid to get rid of no matter how often your car gets serviced....We can all see what mrsplease thinks by his attitude......I have no interest in someones work who talks that much trash about someone elses work.....To each his own

·
Registered
Cadillac 09 CTS-V Crystal Red Tintcoat
284 Posts
Thanks Flip. :thumbsup:
The DIC shows alot more info than just when to change the oil. It also handles all your personalization settings. Every button on my unit has function. Even the F buttons are configured with different Bose amp settings.
IMO the look of the dash kit with no buttons is plain and boring. Not to mention everything that was given up for a quick and easy install. But I wouldn't bash anyone for doing what they want to their CTS. :thepan:

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Damn....someone likes to talk trash about others accomplishments.....I think with the DIC kept it looks alot better than without.....I would have had a whole face plate custom made with no buttons and kept the DIC, but changed out the red lights in it to a blue so it matched....but who is to say he doesnt have all that planned? One step at a time....I think its awesome he was able to do it....The DIC serves alot of different functions and is IMO pretty stupid to get rid of no matter how often your car gets serviced....We can all see what mrsplease thinks by his attitude......I have no interest in someones work who talks that much trash about someone elses work.....To each his own
first of all i wasn't talking trash. i just didn't like the way it looked. i personally thought it looked ugly. i didn't say that the person who did it was an idiot. also, i didn't even know anyone here on this thread did it that way.

your the one who called me stupid for taking out my DIC. take a look in the mirror about who's talking trash.

·
Registered
821 Posts
1 - 20 of 64 Posts