Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the voice activation feature on the Nav system in the CTS? I tried it at the car show in LA and it did not recognize any commands I gave it. I tried all the ones that I know work too (such as help, mute, unmute, etc) with no luck.

Does this even work?

Reed

·
Registered
543 Posts
mrbadss said:
Does anyone have any experience with the voice activation feature on the Nav system in the CTS? I tried it at the car show in LA and it did not recognize any commands I gave it. I tried all the ones that I know work too (such as help, mute, unmute, etc) with no luck.

Does this even work?

Reed
Yes I have this system and it has built in help.

Press the talking man on the steering and say "What can I say". The Nav will respond with a list of valid commands. The commands change depending upon what mode you are in so use the help.

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But is the recognition ok? Does it actually recognize commands. Is this feature actually functional?

Do you use it, or just use the buttons?

I ask because the delay was kinda long from pressing the talking man button to it actually responding. Oh, and it did not recognize any of my commands. Do you have to train it?

Reed

·
Registered
543 Posts
mrbadss said:
But is the recognition ok? Does it actually recognize commands. Is this feature actually functional?

Do you use it, or just use the buttons?

I ask because the delay was kinda long from pressing the talking man button to it actually responding. Oh, and it did not recognize any of my commands. Do you have to train it?

Reed
I use it from time to time and it works fairly well. I find it most useful when I am driving in heavy traffic and do not want to take my eyes off the road. For example you can tell it "Preset 1" and it will automatically change your preset to the commanded number.

There is no training period. The delay you are speaking of is the Nav attempting to process your command. As soon as you hear the tone the system will respond to commands. If the command is not recognized then a slight delay occurs before the repsonse "Invalid command" is returned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts