Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found the following CTS mesh grills on Ebay for sale. I want to be a V-poser! (Actually the grey stock grill is just too ugly for words and I want it off my car) Anyway, the pics below are the two (I think identical grills) The first is $320.00 plus shipping. The second is $220.00 plus shipping. What am I missing?

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
looks the same. just make sure the cheaper one is a genuine cadillac grill and not an aftermarket one. i got mine from jennings parts (the top one) and paid $320 + shipping. i was very happy with the transaction. they were very proffesional, fast shippers, and the grill was awsome.

but if you can save $100 for the exact same grill i'd go for the cheaper one...

good luck

·
Registered
887 Posts
the cadillac v-grill looks nice on the white diamond paint.........the grills are both the same go with the best price..............chow

·
Registered
'07 CTS 3.6L Thunder Grey
16 Posts
Go back and look at the description for the bottom one. I've been shopping for a v grille too, and I looked at both of those. The cheaper one says in the descreiption something about being made out of a high quality, rust proof PLASTIC. I would rather have the factory one for 320.

·
Registered
821 Posts
yeah, sometimes the cheaper route is cheaper for a reason. $320 ain't bad. jennings auto is a chevrolet/cadillac dealership. you know your getting an OEM GM part with them...

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS, Black Raven. Name: Car-los
3,201 Posts
I found the following CTS mesh grills on Ebay for sale. I want to be a V-poser! (Actually the grey stock grill is just too ugly for words and I want it off my car) Anyway, the pics below are the two (I think identical grills) The first is $320.00 plus shipping. The second is $220.00 plus shipping. What am I missing?
easy. the second one is not a pic of the grill your going to buy. just a pic of a grill they found to give you an "example" of what your grill will look like.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
OEM will be stainless steel, <-- u want that..

X

·
0 Posts
I think I am officially the only one on the planet who likes the stock cts grill....

although I do want to upgrade to a sport grill w/ v bumper.

And i'd definitely spend the extra 100 bucks for the oem.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took the safe route and bought the Jenningsparts grill. I would be fit to be tied if I paid $220.00 for a grill only to see chips of metal paint flying past me as I hauled tits down the highway. Should be here on Monday. (Fingers crossed)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Good Choice!!!

·
Registered
2003 CTS
39 Posts
How much do you think it would cost to conver the front end of a stock cts, to a V? (bumper, grilles), and is it a perfect swap without any fabrication involved???

·
Registered
821 Posts
do a search man. i know there are quite a few threads that talk about it and give prices/pics/what you need to do, and all that...

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
Short answer: roughly $1,200 USD
~
above where it says "CadillacOwners.com Vinyl Decals - $4.00 including shipping!" there is a word, "SEARCH"... click it... search for "cheap v bumper" IIRC, and that should bring up a thread with all the parts & cost from a certain website along with shipping cost & savings

·
Registered
o4 CTS .. Platinum LUX
147 Posts
i actually kinda like the stock grill on the light platinum but i do plan on changing up to a sport grille soon ...

btw theres a complete write-up in the CTS/CTS-V FAQs on the front end conversion, theres info + part #'s ... it also says the total estimated cost is around $1300 ...

·
Registered
Cadillac
10 Posts
Hey,

I just got my cts, and i wanna know if anyone knows where i can get an all mesh grill with no emblem, they are hard to find it seems,i have searched and just keep coming up with the same grills, all with emblems. Im going old skool im putting on a hood ornament emblem and wanna rock all mesh up front. Any ideas plz help.

·
Registered
2004 Black Raven 3.6L Sport/Luxury
834 Posts
Hey,

I just got my cts, and i wanna know if anyone knows where i can get an all mesh grill with no emblem, they are hard to find it seems,i have searched and just keep coming up with the same grills, all with emblems. Im going old skool im putting on a hood ornament emblem and wanna rock all mesh up front. Any ideas plz help.
There was a member here who did that once. once.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
yeah some ebay sellers dont sell with emblems.

theres a guy who put a hood ornament on the cts.
250motorsportz ... go look through his threads/posts for pictures.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts