Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,
I'm Trent and obviously new here. I'm currently driving a 2001 Audi A4 (19's, 12" subs, lowered, S4 bumper, etc for those who like mods) which is on lease. I'm looking to end the lease early and get into something else. I was looking at a Benz C230 Kompressor 4-Door (not the girly hatchback one) which I think is an attractive car that can be had for slightly less per month than what I'm paying now for the Audi (due to lease incentives which are going on right now). I am also interested in the CTS, especially a black on black one with the chrome 17 inchers (they'd be replaced by 19s or 20s anyway). I'd prefer to get into the CTS and here's why: (1)Cars which tote the three-star or propeller badge are nice, but have too much snob appeal. (2)At a sticker price similar to that of the Benz, I can get more room and a larger, more powerful engine with the CTS (not to mention handling is on par, IMO). (3)I always thought the wreath and crest was a cool brand and didn't evoke that stuck up, preppy image that BMW, Benz, and even Audi does today. So now the question is, can I afford one? I'm looking to put about $3500 down (maybe less if possible), 15000 miles/yr., 36-39 mos., and don't want to exceed $430 a month. Options I'd want are sunroof, Xenon lights, Bose sound, and the 3.6 liter engine. I know I can go to my dealership and ask, but I think I'll find a more straightforward answer here and won't get hassled by sales reps.

Also, I noticed someone here had Eibach Pro-Kit springs on their CTS. Could you comment on the ride with those springs? I have Eibachs on my Audi and they are on the soft side. Do your Eibachs feel stiff enough? Also, what shocks are you running and where did you buy all your suspension components? Thanks a lot, guys. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trent,

If you're looking at a CTS w/ the 1SB and PDX packages, you'll be closer to $500 per month, unless you can get a GM employee discount or GM supplier discount.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree! The car you want will prob run you well over the $430 mark. 480-520 sounds more reasonable. Unless you plunk down a ton of cash up front but then it kinda defeats the purpose of leasing it! I lease and I am a firm believer in, if I am gonna lease I am getting into the vehicle with the least amount of cash out of my pocket. Normally $1200-$2000 is my limit.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
mercedes C class is a piece of cheap crap. I'd rather have a CTS anyday.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe you can use my deal as a reference.
I leased 03 CTS about 6 months ago, MSRP was $32500.

48 months for $380 a month. My 1000 downpayment plus fees and first monthly payment were about $2400 combined. Now, MSRP of your car should be about 5-6 thousand more than of my car but you are planning on making a bigger down payment so it's gonna be a close call. I hope you are good negotiator. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts