Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it couldn't be avoided. With a 5 year old, 2 year old and one on the way, it's time to say goodbye to my CTS. I'm dropping it off tomorrow and picking up my 2006 Avalanche LT/Z71. I'll be sure to stop in from time to time to be sure everyone is behaving!

It's been real!

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
BugsyM said:
Well, it couldn't be avoided. With a 5 year old, 2 year old and one on the way, it's time to say goodbye to my CTS. I'm dropping it off tomorrow and picking up my 2006 Avalanche LT/Z71. I'll be sure to stop in from time to time to be sure everyone is behaving!

It's been real!
Why is that a better ride for you? MPG will be worse. I imagine payments will be similar. The Z71 will ride a lot rougher. The CTS will handle better. 5 can ride in a CTS. Need a truck to haul baby gear? Or just really wanted the truck?

·
Registered
466 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Why is that a better ride for you? MPG will be worse. I imagine payments will be similar. The Z71 will ride a lot rougher. The CTS will handle better. 5 can ride in a CTS. Need a truck to haul baby gear? Or just really wanted the truck?
:tisk: I agree, must be a truck thing.

·
Registered
03 CTS
1,353 Posts
Well he probably went with a truck because its just easier moving kids in and out of then the CTS.. Plus I much rather kids spill something or drop food in my truck then my plush CTS...

But I agree with some of the other mbrs that going to such a big truck with probably higher payments, seeing as its an 06 compare to your 03 CTS and an increased use of gas, also your spending twice as much to full up and depending how u drive u could be filling up twice as often... Should went to a Mini van or a small SUV... Best of luck though

Just watch, in two years when the newly Designed CTS comes out, you'll be back. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 CTS SPORT
13 Posts
BugsyM said:

It's been real!
Good luck with your new truck. Be sure and check out the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America web site, it's a great source for info on the Avalanche. I recently traded my Avalanche in on the Cts, I'm sure you will love it. As far as trucks go, it has a great ride.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RobertCTS said:
It's a better ride for me for many reasons..........first off I'm 6'3"/250#, so there's essentially no back seat in the CTS for the kids. Secondly, with the two kids, whenever we all went somewhere, we normally drove my wife's '05 Pacifica (which has rear bucket seats). This allowed room in the back-back for the baby stroller, luggage and all the beach gear at vacation-time. With a third child, we'd have to open the third seat and would lose the storage space. The payments are $50 less a month (which really wasn't an issue in the first place, but since you brought it up........), and as far as gas goes, if anyone driving a $45k vehicle is concerned about gas, the really ought to be driving a Kia. I was actually impressed with the ride-quality of the Avalanche (not even close to as good as the CTS, but not bad for a truck).

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE my CTS, and as soon as it fits my lifestyle again, I'll be driving one..........or possibly get myself a "toy" in a few years (CTS-V) once the kids are out of safety seats.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DARCAR said:
Good luck with your new truck. Be sure and check out the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America web site, it's a great source for info on the Avalanche. I recently traded my Avalanche in on the Cts, I'm sure you will love it. As far as trucks go, it has a great ride.
I've been to the CAFCNA site quite often once I found out that we had another little one on the way. A lot of great people there and very informative. The site/folks really helped me make the decision easier on getting into an Av rather that a Tahoe.

Thanks to all who've wished me luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts