Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know the new ones are not selling which hurts the resale value.

Anybody know how it is doing in the used car market?

·
Registered
'14 V sport
88 Posts
I can give you dealer (Manheim) auction numbers, but need to know what specifically you are looking for. For example, I can see that 2014 V Sport (non-premium) like mine with under 10k miles are hovering around $39k at auction. Premium adds roughly $7500. A V6 AWD Wagon is about $30k. And so on.

·
Registered
'14 V sport
88 Posts
How many doors? How many cylinders? How many driven wheels? The CTS variations list is rather large and I really don't want to research them all.

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many doors? How many cylinders? How many driven wheels? The CTS variations list is rather large and I really don't want to research them all.
I have a base Vsport myself. I may be in a market for another CTS for my fiance, but I'd really like to check the used value before deciding between V sport premium vs. 3.6 premium. Here's the model breakdown:

Rear drive
4 doors
Premium
3.6 V6
8 speed auto

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
'14 V sport
88 Posts
Hi Grasshopper,
I replied to your PM, but am reposting here just in case anyone has a similar question to yours:

A 4-door 3.6 Premium with 10k-13k miles is right around $42k at auction. So figure $40k-$41k trade-in value and $45k would be fair retail (with asking prices in that $47k range). Add some to that if its CPO. I don't, however, know the Cadillac CPO costs. I'd imagine another $1500 or so would be adequate.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V-Sport/2015 Escalade/Sold 2013 CTS-V Stealth Ed
428 Posts
Had mine appraised by three dealers today the highest number was 35K. Nobody wanted to touch it with a ten foot pole. This is fine by me since I really enjoy it. Its a 2014 CTS V-Sport, non premium, 8,400 miles, Black Diamond Tri-Coat. I was blown away, expecting to hear at least 39K to 40K. Such a great car, its so sad what public perception does to a cars value.

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had mine appraised by three dealers today the highest number was 35K. Nobody wanted to touch it with a ten foot pole. This is fine by me since I really enjoy it. Its a 2014 CTS V-Sport, non premium, 8,400 miles, Black Diamond Tri-Coat. I was blown away, expecting to hear at least 39K to 40K. Such a great car, its so sad what public perception does to a cars value.
I have the exact same car...with 15k miles. This is depressing. Were you trying to out right sell it to the dealership or as part of a trade in for another car? That would make a difference in value.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
The worst investment possible is a luxury car. It's a guaranteed loss and the only argument is the rate of depreciation. There is no possible way to justify such a purchase except as pure self gratification.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have the exact same car...with 15k miles. This is depressing. Were you trying to out right sell it to the dealership or as part of a trade in for another car? That would make a difference in value.
Yep, that was the value given even if I purchased a new car from that dealer. The value is so low dealers don't want to touch it, even to sell one of their cars.

·
Registered
428 Posts
100% Correct..... I still love my V-Sport and will be happy to keep it for the remainder of my lease. That being said, I have never had a vehicle that is this good that has taken such a huge hit on depreciation. I have a buddy that works for BMW and he ran my trade by his used car manager. He told me around the same, 35K is a solid number on a used V-Sport. He also offered me the chance to roll 15K of negative equity into a new 7 series purchase LOL (one sinking brick for another sinking brick ) no thanks.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V Sport Premium
526 Posts
I keep hearing about the lack of popularity of our beloved CTS's but I don't really understand why this is the case. I really didn't like the 1st or 2nd generation but love this third to the point I bought one. And yet this generation is selling the least. I keep hearing it's the price but it must be more than that but that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore! What gives?

·
Registered
Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '71 Eldo Conv
996 Posts
Lajollaboy, in my opinion, it is the bland styling--too much of a copy of the E-Class Mercedes (profile) for my tastes. Too bland in the rear quarter and C-pillar area/views. I am about to buy a '16 CTS-4 Premium Sedan, but I'm telling myself I should look for something else since the depreciation will be worse than the proverbial "rock falling" when I drive out of the dealership (after owning an '03, '08 and '13 CTS)! Plus, I waited for the '16 with hopes Cadillac would tweak the styling a little, but that has not happened. My first three CTS's have had unique Cadillac design elements tastefully incorporated, but I find that lacking in the generation III CTS's.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Agree with your assessment and kgall005. Caddy had a beautifully styled and priced car in the CTS and lost their way (IMHO)
with their goofy pricing and trying to mimic BMW and Mercedes C,E class/ 3/5 series. Now they have an overpriced ATS and CTS with
falling sales on both. Where they could really shine was with a crossover. I liked the SRX (my last lease) for what it was but it is
outdated.At least the SRX pricing has not gone crazy.

On the lease side if it is of any interest my dealer offered me in May a 18,000 mile year lease on a Luxury AWD 6 with upgrades
wheels for 600 month. This was with taxes upfront. Agree on this car if the payments work lease would be only way to go.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
C
but I'm telling myself I should look for something else since the depreciation will be worse than the proverbial "rock falling" when I drive out of the dealership (after owning an '03, '08 and '13 CTS)!
Any car in this class is going to suffer massive immediate depreciation

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Gently used is the way to go. Let someone else take the loss in depreciation, you get a one year old car with 20-30k Km's still under full b2b warranty and save yourself a bunch of cash. My hubby and I have bought new before and will never do so again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 36 Posts