Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope there all alright:(

PS: i dont think it was any one here because all the people i know that live in Ontario have the old bezel.
Driver is in serious condition.

BTW, I don't have the old bezel...

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
NONE
1,423 Posts
Those two racers should never get a license to drive ever again. Its pure luck no one was killed, nothing worse then people racing on the roads.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those two racers should never get a license to drive ever again. Its pure luck no one was killed, nothing worse then people racing on the roads.
If they really were racing, I agree.

The article says that racing was suspected. However, at the time being, the police are not calling it a street racing accident.

Witnesses see more than 1 car travelling at high speeds and they automatically assume racing. Then the media calls it racing. And then we all think it's racing.

Civic was obviously going fast to flip over. The Golf didn't look too bad. When I first saw the pictures I thought the CTS was the one "racing" since it went through a freakin guardrail. I have no idea how that could happen at regular highway speeds.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
If they really were racing, I agree.

The article says that racing was suspected. However, at the time being, the police are not calling it a street racing accident.

Witnesses see more than 1 car travelling at high speeds and they automatically assume racing. Then the media calls it racing. And then we all think it's racing.

Civic was obviously going fast to flip over. The Golf didn't look too bad. When I first saw the pictures I thought the CTS was the one "racing" since it went through a freakin guardrail. I have no idea how that could happen at regular highway speeds.
Yea, totally agree! I was talking to my nephew recently, and he said he cant go anywhere without police attention. He has a Civic with exhuast and tints and bodykit. Seems everyone assumes based on what they THINK they see.

Anyhow, horrible crash, hope everyone is fine! And if this was a result of streetracing, then the offenders should be shot...or better yet, impaled with a large rectangluar metal gaurd rail.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
That is amazing! Not one death! Atleast not on scene. I've seen wrecks like that and no one walk away.
Yes, I have too...its horrible. I was a few cars back of an accident that took a full family. 2 parents and a small child. And honestly, the accident didnt look nearly as bad as this.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
...And if this was a result of streetracing, then the offenders should be shot...or better yet, impaled with a large rectangluar metal gaurd rail.
I agree, but its not gonna happen. They dont allow guns in canada.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can't ****in believe this.

Just TWO days after that horrific accident with the CTS.... It happened AGAIN, at the EXACT same place. But this time, north bound.

Two idiots speeding and swerving in traffic cut off an 18 wheeler, which then swerved, hit the guardrail, and jack knifed. Driver of the truck is dead, and the 2 other idiots have been arrested.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_12098.aspx
http://www.thestar.com/News/article/226630

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
i think GM built a very safe car -- the CTS has gotten in a lot of bad wrecks, but only on one occasion, that i know of, has the driver of a CTS died behind the wheel.
a 17 year old boy, his classmate, and their 16 year old friend all died in a crash. It was the tragic result of a race in a busy area right after school had let out. It happened in southern jersey i think... i'll try to find the article (its from last year or something)

*edit*
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01112007/news/regionalnews/3_n_j__teens_die_in_crash_regionalnews_.htm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts