Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://autos.aol.com/article?id=20051219204209990001

The CTS was among 3 cadillacs listed as one of best selling luxury cars of 2005. The most of ANY company. CTS was ranked #7 behind the #8 DTS and in front of the #10 Escalade (which actually had a 15% drop over last year)

The largest percentage change was a 6% increase for Cadillac's $31,000, entry-level luxury sedan, the CTS.

Back when it was introduced at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in August 2001, Cadillac's CTS sedan was the company's first shot at its "Art and Science" styling theme, replacing old-fogy Cadillacs with edgy, angular, severe-looking ones. The CTS was a big bet at the time--and it worked. The vehicle now makes up about one-quarter of Cadillac's volume.

Forbes ALSO stated:

"The next-generation CTS will go into production in September 2007. Expect a public unveiling in January 2007"

They stated that pretty bluntly, I wonder how much truth there is to it. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Agreed, good article. But if you go and read what Forbes says about the 06 CTS, I want to slap them around. They rip the CTS apart, its total crap.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Is Forbes really an authority on any matter these days? I think not. I stop my subscription years ago. The 'ol man was savvy, but his son never has been able to wear his shoes.

·
Registered
2006 CTS & 2003 Escalade
89 Posts
Cadillac seems to be on a roll. The CTS was a radical change for them and obviously successful.

The new STS seems to be following in a similar mold. I have seen a large number of STS's around here and they haven't been out that long. I was going to buy an STS when I took a long hard look at the CTS and changed my plans. The STS was a really nice car, but I thought the rear end looked a little like they ran out of design steam.

The new DTS keeps with the Cadillac tradition, but what an improvement in style! After a few years of lackluster styling for the Devilles, the new CTS is a standout.

Someone at Cadillac has the right idea. Kudos to whomever is leading the design team. I hope they continue on their trendsetting path. No suprise to me they are selling well. They have the right stuff at the right price.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Agreed xrt4, Cadillac is putting forth the effort to come into its own as an automanufacter (sp?) I've loved Cadillacs since I owned my first 1987 Sedan Deville, and I plan to keep on buying them. I just think it is real low of Forbes to down talk a car that is such a good car and is selling so well. I mean the CTS redifined the American Sports Luxury car, and all they can do is rip it apart. I love my car, and I think everyone on this forum does as well, which shows how good a car the CTS really is.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 Performance Luxury
1,034 Posts
Great news for Caddy having 3 on the top 10 list, but agree that Forbes is no authority on cars.

·
Registered
None
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2004CTS said:
Great news for Caddy having 3 on the top 10 list, but agree that Forbes is no authority on cars.
It's not a Subjective listing. It's purely by the numbers.

Can't dispute the fact that there are 3 caddy entires in the top 10 luxury sales. They aren't the highest, but they're in the list of the top 10. Which is good.

·
Registered
The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option
2,432 Posts
for some reason I think the DTS looks cheap, i really cant put my finger on it, i just dont like it, it seems tired.
the cts and the sts are kicking major sales butt. I think my next car might be a sts but its so big, I do love my cts a lot though and everyone that gets into it is impressed, i have a few friends that have bmw's and a g35 driver (his comment was that he was amazed that the car still goes like hell when i punched it with 4 people in the car, his g35 bogs when he has one person in the car with him) i get comments on ease of use, fitment of the interior and the nice ride quality and the immediate shift to sportiness when i hit the performance button (did you know that if you drive it like a psychopath when you hit that button the car remember and adjusts to that sort of driving? )

so caddy did a good number on this one.

-K

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
i wouldn't mind getting a v-series down the road...i joke with my friends, but if cadillac plays their cards right, they may have acquired a consumer for many years to come, if not life. being 24 years old with lots of car buying in the future, thats great news for them...

·
Registered
447 Posts
TripleOught said:
i wouldn't mind getting a v-series down the road...i joke with my friends, but if cadillac plays their cards right, they may have acquired a consumer for many years to come, if not life. being 24 years old with lots of car buying in the future, thats great news for them...
Ditto. I am extreeeeeeemely happy with my CTS thus far (only been a week though), and I would be definitely interested in staying with Cadillac, depending on how reliable this car is over the next few years...and like TripleOught, I'm only 25 and hoping to buy many more cars in the future :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts