Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L AWD
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I normally don't post asking for help since most of the things I need help with I can find but this one I am at a loss. I tried searching and have given up. Last time I replaced my DRL bulbs on my 2008 CTS with HID I broke one of the tabs that hold the bulb on the lamp assembly.

Now that these crappy bulbs have burnt out once again I need to replace them and I remembered that broken tab. I tried looking for an assembly diagram to see if there is an adapter that can be replaced (similar to the escalade) but cannot find anything.

Can anyone confirm if this piece is replaceable or if it is part of the whole headlamp assembly? If it is replaceable can someone please post the diagram and the part number if possible?

I appreciate any help, thanks.

Anthony

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts
Check out gmpartsdirect.com. They have exploded views. I don't think the part is replaceable. Interesting you have had bulb problems. Mine still shines brightly.

·
Registered
Thunder Gray '08 CTS 3.6 FE2 Premium
333 Posts
Just as an FYI on bulb problems, I have had both the driver's side DRL and driver's side HID bulb burn out. The DRL went first, and I just pulled the fuses for the DRLs. The HID burned out right before a long road trip that involved lots of nighttime driving, and out of desperation I took it to the dealership, who replaced both the DRL and HID for the mere sum of $585 (they threw in replacement fuses for the ones I pulled for free - how generous!). If bulbs on the passenger side go, I plan on replacing myself given I have the time.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts
Just as an FYI on bulb problems, I have had both the driver's side DRL and driver's side HID bulb burn out. The DRL went first, and I just pulled the fuses for the DRLs. The HID burned out right before a long road trip that involved lots of nighttime driving, and out of desperation I took it to the dealership, who replaced both the DRL and HID for the mere sum of $585 (they threw in replacement fuses for the ones I pulled for free - how generous!). If bulbs on the passenger side go, I plan on replacing myself given I have the time.
That was for just the bulb(s), correct? What a deal.

·
Registered
14,158 Posts
Sorry, that's what I meant, two bulbs installed. I didn't mention the labor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts